Chapter Fourty

Final Chapter, are you all ready?
- Leslie </3

*****

Ben

"HEIDI!"

I didn't even recognize my own voice as I saw the love of my life fall to the floor with a dagger stabbed into her heart.

The person who looked exactly like me fell to the floor as well but he faded away into dust and all that was left of him was the dagger Heidi had used to stab his own heart.

I didn't even realize I had stopped running until I was kneeling beside Heidi and pulling her into my arms.

"No... no fuck we were too late." Asher shouted out and fell to the floor as he began to sob.

I couldn't even bring myself to say anything as Jay and the others finally made it to us and fell beside me.

"What happened? She was supposed to be okay, she..." Mal asked as she stood frozen in place.

"Heidi, come on wake up, you have to be okay, you have to be the one that lives, you can't... you can't leave me." I whispered into her neck as I let my tears fall freely.

"Asher? What happened?" Evie said as she walked over to Asher who was still sobbing on the ground.

"The prophecy, I... there was something bigger going on this whole time and she didn't tell us, she knew it this whole time." Asher said as his voice broke.

"What did she know? What prophecy Asher?" Evie asked him, everyone looking at him in confusion.

What was going on this whole time?

"He who is feared shall rise again, only to be challenged by a heart once cold as stone, in which turned gold for the love of one conquered evil." Asher said as he spoke more clearly.

"I was in the library reading more on her history, I've been curious about her ever since I met her. Ben, Kronos shapeshifted into you, so he could trick Heidi and get close enough to kill her. It was written in one of the books on Heidi's past, Ben helped Heidi learn to love again and her heart of stone became one of gold. I've been trying to figure it out but I was too late." Asher explained as tears continued to fall down his cheeks.

She kept this to herself the whole time.

While we were worried about Audrey, she had to worry about the biggest problem.

I should have read more on her past, I should have learned her entire story and I could have done more to help her.

Instead I was overcome with sorrow and lust for her.

Asher was the only one who bothered to read more of her story.

"She saved us..." Carlos mumbled as he fell beside me.

"Audrey is being controlled by someone, someone is making her go all crazy, it was to distract us from the real problem." Asher finished.

"Aphrodite... Heidi tried telling me... Audrey is being controlled by Aphrodite and it was so obvious." I said through my sobs.

"I read more though, Ben... in Athena's book, she figured out a way to help Heidi. She... she might hate us if it works though." Asher told me as he stood up and pulled out a paper from his pocket.