Chapter Thirty

A/N

Hiiii everyone!!!! It's been a bit and I'm so sorry, my only excuse is school but with that being said, I have prom this weekend and I'm so excited!!!! I'm almost going to graduate and I'm so relieved, I can finally continue updating regularly!
-Leslie🫶🏼

***********

Song - 2% by Jenna Raine

***********

Heidi

I woke up to light snoring sounding close to me. Glancing over my shoulder I see Ben's messy brown hair tucked into the pillow but his arm was lightly over my waist.

I looked over and saw the time was 5:23 AM.

"Goodmorning beautiful." I heard Ben's raspy voice mumble as he sat up. I smiled softly up at him.

"Goodmorning..." I smiled sleepily.

Before either of us could say anything else a loud knocking sounded from my door.

"Wake up love birds it's Cotillion day!!!!" I heard Evie's voice cheerfully shout from the other side.

Ben groaned as he pulled me closer to him and covered us with the blanket.

"You two better get up or else I'll walk in and kick you out Ben, I don't care if you're naked." Evie shouted making Ben curse silently as he got up and kissed me quickly, pulling his shirt over his head and slipping on his boxers and jeans, he finished tying his shoes as he sat next to me, mumbling nonsense.

"I love you, I'll come by when she's done, I can't wait to see you in that dress." Ben finally smiled my way. I grinned at his change of mood and pulled him into a deep kiss, his scent calming my growing nerves.

"I love you too little prince." I sighed happily, he kissed my forehead quickly before making his way out of the room, Evie chasing him off as her and Mal walked in. Mal glanced my way sadly and with tired eyes she went to lay on the couch.

Evie came next to me and lay out three big black bags that I'm pretty sure had our dresses.

"I made your dress with extra, extra love this time, you're going to look so gorgeous." She smiled ignoring Mal as she dozed off into sleep.

I held back from asking questions for now, knowing today was supposed to be fun and a step furthering Ben and I's relationship.

I showered and shaved everywhere, scrubbing my body and letting the warm water rinse away the soap. Turning off the shower I stepped out and dried myself, I stopped moving once I heard Evie's voice on the other side, whispering quickly and quietly.

"Wake up... don't do this today Mal... she doesn't deserve this and you know it." I heard Evie whisper which confused me. What's wrong with Mal?

I chose to pretend I didn't hear anything, I'll talk to Mal later, I trust them.

I brushed my teeth and did my skincare routine, before I finally stepped out of the bathroom.

I glanced at Mal and saw her sitting up but she just smiled at me and made her way to the shower.

I saw Carlos and Jay had somehow made their way to my room and were now knocked out on my bed, wrapped up in their own blankets.

I found my phone next to my vanity and took a picture, smiling to myself as I set it as my background. I have a similar picture of Pain and Panic.

"So how do you feel?" Evie finally spoke softly, her understanding eyes letting me know it's okay to ask questions.

"I'm not nervous, I'm just embarrassed." I replied quietly. The things I did were not me, but Ben still saw and I feel as though I ruined everything.

"Heidi, look at me, it was not your fault. Everyone, and I mean everyone knows you would never do that to Ben, only we know what really happened and we know you were spelled to do it." Evie said, I saw her eyes had tears, I know something is going on with her and Mal but I don't think they want anyone to know about it. It's not my place to snoop.

"Now come on, let's get you ready future Queen of Auradon." She grinned, only it didn't reach her eyes, she was sad.

After she repainted my nails black and added black rhinestones to them, she did my toes and moved on to do my hair and makeup.

"Do you really feel comfortable with going on today with Ben? Don't take this the wrong way, I just want to make sure you know what you want." Evie asked me, I understood her question and felt comforted with the simple fact that she cared.

"I honestly do... all my life, I've been rejected, by people who were supposed to love me. Ben... he loved me more than they ever did in the first few days of me being here. I didn't know it then, but being Queen of the Underworld wasn't how I was supposed to spend all of eternity like I was told I would. The moment I finally opened my heart, I realized that being with Ben is how I'm supposed to live this life. Evie... I would walk away from the underworld for him, to be with him, to finally be at peace with myself."

I finished off softly, smiling to myself at the thought of being with Ben, loving him and him loving me.

I looked at Evie and she had tears in her eyes, looking at me with so much sadness, before I could ask her what was wrong she reached for my hand, holding it tightly but with care.

"You deserve it... whatever you choose in the end, I'll be here. Carlos and Jay will be here, as well as Mal." Tears escaped her eyes and she pulled me in for a hug. I was confused, but still hugged her closely nonetheless.

I felt someone join our hug and realized it was Mal, her damp purple hair brushing my shoulder softly. Carlos and Jay sat up quietly and hugged us closely, tears in their eyes.

My heart warmed at the feeling, the gods may have the same DNA as me, but they were never family, these four kids are. Pain and Panic are. Ben is. My dad is.

"Alright who let us get all emotional, we're supposed to party today." Jay yawned out, but he smiled softly down at me, everyone laughed and Evie finished putting rhinestones on my eyelids, then pushed Jay into the bathroom to shower.

Carlos rolled over on my bed and pulled me into a hug, rubbing his eyes like a little kid.

I smiled at him and let him take another nap. I realized Dude was knocked out on a pillow with his paw in the air and tongue out.

"Okay, are you ready?" Evie grinned with excitement. I nodded, wanting to see with she created for me.

She pulled out a black gown, black rhinestones littering the chest area, a deep V-neckline, the gown from the waist down was littered in tiny rhinestones. It had long sleeves but they were a thin black see through material and that too, had tiny black rhinestones. The waist had a corset on the inside and made it that much more beautiful.

"Evie... it's so pretty." I said, not taking my eyes off of the dress.

"I knew you'd love it, now let's try it on!!" She smiled happily, Carlos went to go shower as Jay walked out flexing his muscles in my mirror.

Evie helped me slip on the dress and once I had my heels on she let me look in the mirror.

My blue eyes were the first thing I noticed. They were bright and full of life, yesterday they were a deep blue-gray, full of sadness.

These people give me life, they make me happy.

The dress hugged my body perfectly, tight enough to show my curves but not to the point where I couldn't breath. It was literally perfect.

Evie never fails to make me look like the goddess I am.

Dark thoughts swirled into my mind as I took in my appearance, one day I will kill Aphrodite, but that day is not today.