Chapter Thirteen

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." Fairy Godmother spoke to us, well to Carlos and the others mainly because I'm basically parentless.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear." Maleficent said, I glanced at the screen from my seat, the others gathered around up close but I decided to just sit and wait for their little reunion to get over with. I had too much on my mind anyways.... 90% of those thoughts being of Ben.

"Is it... is it... is..." I heard Maleficent struggling with working the FaceTime app on the tv.

"Press enter." I heard a mans voice say.

"Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip... Oh!" Maleficent said in the end finally working the TV.

"Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I heard Evil Queen say loudly. I set my head on the table, tired of the reunion already.

"Don't you mean the weeds?"

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?"

"This is Fairy Godmother." Mal said, I let out a little laugh, those people have some humor.

I tuned out the rest of their conversation, packing up my things since we were about to get out of class. I heard Maleficent almost give away their plan in taking the magic wand and I just had to roll my eyes, those people may have a sense of humor but they are so stupid.

"Carlos, is that a dog? Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs." Cruella I'm guessing, asked Carlos, hearing this I finally stood up and walked over beside him. I discretely slid my hand into his which was holding Dude.

"He's the perfect size for a pet." Carlos spoke back glancing down at me and I saw relief in his eyes.

"Oh!"

"This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed!" Carlos finished, I had a huge smile by the end of it.

"Oh!"

"So give it a rest!"

"Oh-ho! Burn!"

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!"

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones."

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors. Enough!"

"SHUT IT!" Maleficent yelled, making us jump and the other parents quiet down. I watched as she looked back at the screen and her eyes landed on me.

"You.... what is your name?" She asked, but it seemed she already recognized me.

"My name is Heidi." I replied, no hint of fear in my voice or any other emotion in that matter. I saw her face go into shock, but in a blink of an eye it was gone. A glare immediately made its way onto her face, what for? I'm not sure but I made sure to hold the same glare right back, the only difference being mine was blank and hers held fear.

Without another word the call ended and I was in a sour mood. Why the hell was some lady looking at me like I did her wrong? That Isle is seriously fucked up.

"What was that about Heidi....?" Mal finally whispered, her face holding confusion, but I could tell she knew more than I did. I only shrugged my shoulders and started making my way away from the group.

"I'm so sorry." I heard FairyGodmother say but as I glanced back I seen her eyes on me. I turned back and walked out of the room, I saw Ben with a couple of his friends including that guy who stopped me the other day. I felt their eyes on me as I walked by and I heard Ben say his goodbyes to them but I kept walking.