XXII

Maisie was worried, more than worried

Maisie was worried, more than worried. She feared that Hermione had figured out her father's secret. And this could not happen. If Hermione figured it out she feared that someone else may find out and then someone else and then it continued like a chain. This was Maisie's biggest fear when she found out her dad would be coming to Hogwarts to teach, that people would find out about her father and then patronize her and call her names. 

Not only was it Maisie's biggest fear but Remus shared her same fear. The last thing he wanted was his daughter to be attacked and targeted because of who her father is, it was one of the reasons why he didn't want to have kids, but as you know Maisie was an accident. But as her mother used to say, she was a miracle. 

"Dad!" Maisie said running into Remus's office, he looked worse for wear. The previous night he had transitioned, it was hard for him but for Maisie seeing him this way? Heartbreaking. 

She stopped dead in her tracks seeing her dad look so down, "Oh dad, I'm sorry" she spoke softly sitting next to him hugging his side. 

It was always Maisie that made this easier, having her at his side when he needed it most. it was almost as if her mother was here taking care of him like she used to. 

Maisie looked at her father's face while her hands fiddled with each other, "dad I think Hermione is starting to know what you are" she said quietly finding her hands most interesting. 

Remus' heart dropped hearing these words, he had figured someone would find out soon. "Why do you think this darling?" he spoke reaching up and pushing her hair behind her ears. 

Maisie looked up at this gesture, "because you're 'ill' Snape took over the class, and he made us learn about werewolves. That bastard, just because he has some weird vendetta against you. Anyway, I could see it in her eyes, she has begun to figure it out. We aren't even up to this in class yet! He was being a dick" Her eyes glowed red hinting she was angry at the potions teacher. 

Remus smiled softly seeing his wife in his daughter's actions, "Maisie watch your tongue" he warned glaring at his daughter jokingly. 

"But dad--"

"I don't want to hear it, even if Hermione did know, she is your best friend she would keep this a secret. I know she would" Remus said grabbing Maisie's hand in his own, holding it tight and making her feel comforted. 

Maisie sighed, "I'm sure you're right, but I can't help but feel scared you know, I don't want anything bad to happen to you" she finished looking her Remus in the eyes. 

Remus chuckled softly, "nothing will. Now, don't you have a Quidditch game to get to?" he finished with a small smirk on his face. 

Maisie's eyes went wide real quick as her eyes flashed orange and back to blue, "oh shit!" she exclaimed running out of the classroom.

"Language!" Remus yelled not trying to hide his smile. 

"Love you!"

All Remus could think was, thank god Sirius wasn't here to teach her more. But unknownst to him, Sirius was watching the whole time.