XXV

The students sat gathered around a crystal ball, their faces reflecting into the mist within, it looks like their skin was made of smoke

Harry and Maisie sat together while Ron and Hermione sat at the table next to them. Harry had his hand on the desk as Maisie's head rested on it, her eyes closed. Harry stared at her, taking in her features. 

"Crystal-gazing requires that youclear the Inner Eye. Only then,will you... See. Oh my, what dowe have here...?" Trelawney said making Harry jump up from staring at her, and cleared his throat. 

She eyed Harry's crystal and Hermione rolled her eyes. 

"Here we go again. It's the Grim!It's the Grim!" Hermione said sarcastically which made Maisie laugh out loud as she sat up to watch the scene unfold. 

Trelawney narrowed her eyes at Hermione, her blood boiling. "My dear, from the moment you firstarrived in my class, I sensed thatyou did not possess the properspirit for the noble art ofDivination. You may be young inyears, but the heart that beatsbeneath your bosom is as shriveledas an old maid's, your soul as dryas the pages of the books to whichyou so desperately cleave." 

Maisie had her mouth open and her eyes wide open, "she just roasted the shit out, Mione!" Maisie quietly exclaimed to Harry as he smiled down at her. 

Hermione looks up at her, her ego stung. She begins to reply but for once in her life, she is incapable of a single word. She rises from her seat in a hurry as she grabs her stuff and practically runs out of the classroom, dropping her crystal ball to the ground. 

"'In late spring, one of our numberswill leave us forever!' You knew,Professor! You saw." Lavender Brown exclaimed from behind Maisie. 

"Dumbass" Maisie mumbled putting her head down on the table again before Harry quickly put his hand there so she wouldn't hit her head. 

"On these occasions, I take no joyin my gift, Miss Brown." She spoke gravely. Ron and Harry looked at each other trying not to laugh. 

The class ends as Harry lifted Maisie's head up to wake her up, "oh sorry Harry" she spoke quickly grabbing her stuff. 

"Don't worry about it" Harry said with a smile that made Maisie's heart thump in her chest. 

Harry bends down to pick up Hermione's crystal ball and puts it back on the stand. But the crystal begins to go when the smoke in the ball starts to darken. He leans closer to it not hearing Ron and Maisie bickering about Hermione in the corner, his focus remains on the shadows. A figure appears -- Sirius Black --  he gasps and steps back. 

"Professor Trelawney --" Harry begins when he turns around to see Trelawneys face close to his, he jumps back in fright. 

Her voice hollows, "He will return tonight...."

Harry stiffens at her words, "S-sorry?" 

"Tonight, when the clock strikestwelve, the servant shall breakfree. He and his Master shall bereunited. It cannot be prevented"