XVI

Chapter Eight,
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

They're playing our sound
Laying us down tonight
And all of these clouds
Crying us back to life
But you're cold as a knife

"Don't look. Don't look into it's eyes" Harry said to himself and Maisie who nodded quickly. Harry grabbed her hand as the pair ran down the stone path, but the giant serpent is faster. Slapping down the end of his tail the pair are separated and flung away. The basilisk goes to strike at Maisie when she puts her hands up, fire comes shooting out making the Basilisk screech and back away recovering. "Harry" she mumbles getting up quickly and rushing over tp him. The Basilisk was about to strike once again when Fawkes enters the chamber for round two soaring towards the Basilisk circling his head confusing the snake. He grew angry until Fawkes drops the knife driving it's talons deep into the serpent's glittering eyes. The Basilisk roars hissing in pain, the pair get up and look into his eyes which are no longer there and a bloody mess.

"Fool! Think you're safe! It can still hear you!" Tom yells as they ran further into the tunnel diving into an alcove. "Shhh" Harry whispers to Maisie putting his hand over her mouth making her breathing shallow. The snake flows down the hallway, Maisie backs further into Harry who grabbed her arm. But he slowed down and turns back, his head waves inside only inches away from Maisie's who was trembling, she could feel Harrys heart rate pulsing onto her back. The Basilisk's curved head cocks to the side and then finally withdraws. Letting out a breath the pair run back into the main chamber, catching hands. "Ginny" Maisie whispers looking at the frighteningly pale girl who lay next to Tom who is almost solid. "Yes Potter, Weasley. The process is nearly complete. In a few, minutes Ginny Weasley will be dead. And i will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return. Very much, alive" Tom said smiling manically to the pair who looked conflicted and frightened. "Over my dead body" Maisie said moving towards Ginny when the Basilisk shoots out of the tunnel, hissing directly in front of Maisie who stopped in her tracks and almost died right there just looking at the ugly creature. "Maisie!" Harry yells grabbing her hand, the pair trapped. Leaping forward they begin to upscale the statue of Salazar Slytherin. The serpent strikes madly, but Harry continues on. Harry turns hastily, seeing the sorting hat. "Harry, grab it" Maisie whispers as she holds up her hands shooting strong winds at the snake making him fly back and whack the floor.

Giving Harry time to reach the sword, he grabs it. Standing in front of Maisie who held her hands up as a defence. Slashing the serpent like St.George and the dragon. Harry feels a wave of courage, "Maisie! Lift me up!" Harry yells to Maisie who shot wind around Harry and lifted him up, feeling drained. Pitching himself onto the serpent he slides down it's back and rolls up the sword raised. Maisie uses her new power being levitation flies next to Harry and the snake. The snake widens it's mouth in attempt to strike, "Maisie fire!" Harry yelled as Maisie shoots fire to the end of the sword making it have flames to burn. With every ounce of strength remaining Harry drives the red flaming sword upward and into the serpents mouth. Hissing in pain he thrashes madly driving one of his fangs into Harrys arm making him clutch his arm in agony yelling out. Harry stumbles back and was about to hit the floor when Maisie darts down and catches him.

The serpent went still, dead.

Harry peers down to see the fang pierced his arm, the blood soaking his robes. Yanking the fang free and hissing with pain, "Harry" Maisie mumbles using her powers to create a vine that covered his open wound, "You're okay" she mumbled into his hair as he lay on her. Maisie had already known how fatal a Basilisks fang were, which made her worry madly. Eyes turning a deep shade of grey. Riddle steps forward almost solid, his eyes light up in sight of Harrys pain. "Remarkable, isn't it? How quickly a the venom of a Basilisk penetrates the body? If you have any final words, Potter you best speak them now. I'd guess you have a little bit more then a minute" Tom explains to the pair watching Harry whither away. Looking down at his arm, it turns a troubling grey. Tears slip out of Maisie's eyes as she see's the damage making her hold Harry tighter.