XII

Chapter Four,
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

If our grave was watered by the rain
Would roses bloom?

Maisie was standing next to Harry when all the first years were called to the great hall for a duelling class. "I didn't sign up for a duelling club so why the hell am i here?" Maisie said to the three who were looking at her. "Because it's cool" Ron said as if it was obvious, Maisie rolled her eyes and turned to the front. "Gather round!" Gildeory yelled out loud. Maisie jumped and roll her eyes walking forward like the rest of them. "Can everyone see me?" Gildeory said walking down the duelling mat thing. "Sadly" Maisie sad not trying to be quiet folding her arms, Ron and Harry snickered while Hermione glared at her. "Can you all hear me?" Gildeory said again looking around still walking. "My ears are bleeding" Maisie said sarcastically. She really loathed Lockhart because he was a phoney and she hated fake people. "Excellent" Lockhart said smiling turning around. Maisie rolled her eyes so much they turned black showing annoyance.

"In the light of the dark events of recent weeks. Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as i myself have done on countless occasions" Lockhart gloated about himself, Maisie smacked her forehead with her hand. "I learn more in Snape's class. He teaches potions" Maisie blurted out to her friends who snickered except for the girls who glared at her. "For full details, see my published works" Lockhart said taking off his cloak. Maisie rubbed her temples trying not to go off at him and throwing it into a pile of girls who squealed. "Oh my God" Maisie mumbled turning around annoyed. "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap. Justin Finch-Fletchy, Hufflepuff" Justin said turning around to Maisie and Harry who was behind her. "Oh nice to meet you i'm--" Harry was about to say with a smile before Justin cut him off. "I know who you are. And you too Little Weasley" Justin said looking down at Maisie who wasn't even that small. "We all do, even us Muggle-borns" Justin said with a smile at the two, Harry turned away awkwardly but Maisie and Justin were still looking at each other.

"Are you blind Justin? Lockhart's as brave as a cat, they jump when sprayed with water" Maisie said smiling at the taller boy, Justin nodded with a smile and turned around. Maisie rolled her eyes and faced Lockhart. "Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape" Lockhart said with one hand on his hip and one directed at Snape. "See this? This is what i signed up for" Maisie said rubbing her hands together smiling. They all leaned over to see Snape walk up with his same neutral face walking onto the mat. "He as sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now i don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still hav your potions master when i'm through with him" Lockhart said with his smirk, Maisie gave him a disgusted face. "Yes but we probably won't have our defence against the dark arts teacher" Maisie snarled looking at the gloating teacher.

Lockhart and Snape walked towards each other taking out their wands and whipped them up before whipping them to the side. They bowed before turning away and walking to seperate sides. "One, Two, Three" Lockhart said smirking thinking he would win as they readied their wands. "Expelliarmus!" Snape yelled out and caused Lockhart to go flying into the floor. Maisie started laughing along with the other second years, "That was amazing. Thank you for dragging me here" Maisie said to Harry while still laughing her head off at the teacher she despises. "Do you think he's alright?" Hermione said looking at Lockhart in concern. "Who cares" Ron said still smiling at Lockhart, Maisie was still laughing. "An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying. It was pretty obvious what you were about to do, and if i had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy" Lockhart said with his 'charming' smile. "I'm gonna knock him out" Maisie grumbled almost climbing up when Harry wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her down, "Harry, let me hit him" Maisie said glaring at the teacher, "No" Harry whispered in her ear sending shivers down her spine.