9

「 the first task 」

the first task

"Dad!" Maisie yelled jumping into Remus' arms with a happy smile.

"Maisie my love" He replied holding her tightly before setting her down.

Maisie looked at the ground and gasped before looking around, "you brought Padfood?!" she exclaimed with widened orange eyes.

"Well not technically, he followed me" Remus said with a sigh looking at Padfoot with a glare to which he responded with a happy bark.

"i'll tell Harry you're here, he'll be delighted!" she exclaimed clapping her hands before scurrying away to the tent.

"Harry? Harry!" Maisie exclaimed
from outside the tent, he walked out to see her.

"Maisie?" he questioned before she brought him in for a hug.

"Padfoot is here" she whispered in his ear sending shivers down his spine, she smiled into her hair.

"Is he safe?" Harry asked pulling away from the hug but keeping his arms on her hips without realising.
Neither did Maisie.

Maisie sighed, "i'm not sure H, i
hope so. Are you okay with this whole dragons thing?" She asked grabbing his hands.

Harry looked down at their hands intertwined, "No" he replied with a laugh setting Maisie off.

"You're Harry freaking Potter! You will be fine! You faced worse then a stupid dragon! Do what Hermione said, your broom" Maisie said with a wink, her eyes turning magenta.

Harry looked into her eyes with adoration. That colour has never happened before, not with him anyway. He didn't mention it, he didn't want her to realise. He was just happy he knew. He was stuck in a trance of her beauty, he engulfed her in another hug holding her tightly. "Thank you Maisie" he said kindly letting go of the hug and turning around walking back into the tent.

Maisie watched him walk away with her hand touching her lips. That's the feeling she never felt with Cedric. She wasn't sure she ever would. But she knew he was special to her, just not like that.

"Maisie?" someone asked making her turn around, Cedric stood there with a smile.

"Oh my gosh Ceddie! Good luck! You'll do great! remember everything we said - well Scarlett said" Maisie said bringing him in for a short hug.

"thank you" he simply responded with a cheeky smile before walking into the tent.

"They better be okay" Maisie said with a sigh.

The Tournament;

"Please welcome Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore's voice yelled from the arena. The crowed looked closer watching the nervous girl walk out of the tent.