VII

Christmas was over and all the students were finally back. The four were sitting in the library as Hermione went and found a book.

"I had you looking in the wrong section, how could I be so stupid?" Hermione said rolling her eyes and slamming the book on the table causing the three to jump up in shock. Maisie shook her head and went back to writing her notes.

"I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading," Hermione said turning around on the bench.

"This is light?" Ron said gulping at the thick book. Harry and Maisie laughed while Hermione glared at Ron who sunk down in his sink.

"Oh. Of course, here it is. Nicolas Flamel was the only known maker of the philosopher stone" Hermione said confusing Ron and Harry.

"The what?" They asked at the same time. Maisie leaned back in her chair watching this play out, Maisie knew what it was because her dad had informed her in a letter.

"Honestly don't you two read? The philosopher's stone is a legendary substance, with astonishing powers. It will transform any metal into pure gold and produces the elixir of life, which will make the drinker immortal" Hermione said about to continue when Ron cut her off.

"Immortal" Ron said furrowing his eyebrows at the word.

"It means you'll never die," Hermione said looking at Ron and then back at the book.

"I know what it means," Ron said agitated at her always correcting him.

"Ronald, calm down now," Maisie said widening her eyes and leaning forward on her arms. Ron glared at her and then rolled her eyes. Harry shushed both of us making Maisie stop herself from laughing.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicolas Flamel, the original archaist who last year celebrated his six hundred and sixty fifth birthday," Hermione said shocking the three on the other end of the table.

"That's what fluffy is guarding on the third floor. That's what's under the trap door, the philosopher stone" Hermione said her eyes filled with determination.

"Can we go to Hagrid before we kill ourselves giving us to Fluffy?" Maisie said negotiating with the three. They all nodded and they ran out.

It was nighttime when the four snuck out of the castle and headed to Hagrids hut. They reached his door and knocked continuously until he opened it. Hagrid opened the door slowly to see the four.

"Hagrid," Harry said out of breath looking up at Hagrid.

"Oh hello. Sorry don't wish to be rude but I'm no fit state to entertain today" Hagrid said beginning to shut the door on the kids.

"We know about the philosopher stone," They all said in sync making Hagrid swing thw door open in shock.

"Oh" Was all Hagrid said walking into his hut leaving the four inside. They took off their cloaks and put them down feeling warm in Hagrids hut.

"We think Snapes trying to steal it" Was the first thing Harry said walking over to Hagrids couches.

"Snape? Blimey you're still not on about him are ya?"Hagrid said confused as he walked over to his fireplace. They all sat on his couch, went Maisie, Harry and Ron on one couch and Hermione sat on the single chair.