6

Tiffany had been bandaged up, she was told to try not to use them or put pressure on them but Howard knew Tiffany would not listen

Tiffany had been bandaged up, she was told to try not to use them or put pressure on them but Howard knew Tiffany would not listen. So he said to try to avoid doing anything that could make them worse, but if she had to use them then it was okay. Steve was already heartbroken over losing Dr. Erskine because there were not that many people that supported him like that. And when he found out that Tiffany was harmed because of her worry for him, it just made it worse.

While at the SSR compound a doctor was taking blood from both Steve and Tiffany. Tiffany's was simply for a blood test to make sure she was perfectly okay after being closely exposed to the pod during Steve's transformation. Once her blood draw was done, she walked over to Steve. With him being much taller than her now, made her feel relatively weird. She was used to him being little and scrawning, which never bugged her nor was there anything wrong with it, but this was quite a change.

"Think you got enough?"

Peggy eyed him for a moment, "Any hope of reproducing a program is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr. Erskine, it could take years."

Steve's eyes go downcast as he stares at his hands, "He deserved more than this."

Tiffany felt her heart tug at his saddened voice, "If it could only work once, he'd be proud it was you."

Peggy nudged at Tiffany's side to get her attention. That was when Tiffany noticed Senator Brandt, Colonel Phillips, and Howard were speaking with one another. She breathed out and followed her to where they were.

"My committee is demanding answers."

"Great." Colonel Phillips huffed in distaste, "Why don't we start with how a German spy got a ride to my secret installation in your car?" He nodded his head to Howard, who had been working on the Nazi submarine, "What have we got here?"

"Speaking modestly, I'm the best mechanical engineer in this country." Howard pulled his goggles off and tossed his gloves to the side, "But I don't know what's inside this thing or how it works. We're not even close to this technology."

Senator Brandt shot these people dirty looks as though this was their fault to begin with, "Then who is?"

"Hydra." Tiffany shot her head over to look at Colonel Phillips. She had barely been told about Hydra, only enough for her to know that they were not good. "I'm sure you've been reading our briefings."

"I'm on a number of committees, Colonel."

Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest, "Meaning you haven't read them."

Peggy cleared her throat so they were looking at her instead of Tiffany, "Hydra is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions."

"Hydra's practically a cult." Colonel Phillips simplified it for Senator Brandt, "They worship Schmidt, they think he's invincible."

"So what are you going to do about it?"