75

Ana looked around at the buildings, they were beautiful but she could tell that it had gone through incredibly rough times

Ana looked around at the buildings, they were beautiful but she could tell that it had gone through incredibly rough times. She breathed out softly while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Shame what's become of this place." Zemo speaks up, which made Ana glance over at him, "When I was young, we used to come here for fabulous dinners and parties.I knew nothing of the politics at the time, of course, but I remember it being beautiful."

"I'm gonna take a look around upstairs." Sam informs them, "Keep an eye on him."

Zemo raised his hands in defense, "I'll stay out of your way."

"You ask around." Ana looks up at Bucky, even though he immediately looked again at what she was about to say before she said it, "I'll stay with Zemo."

"No-"

"Don't start treating me like a damsel in need of help because we're together now. Nothing else has changed. I'm still stronger than you."

Bucky broke out in a laugh, "Oh, is that true?"

"You and I both know." Ana smiles softly up at him before kissing his cheek, "Ask around. I'll stay with the evil Sokovian."

Zemo didn't say a word until Bucky had officially walked away, "I'm not entirely sure I would use the adjective of evil."

"If I'm honest with you." Ana walked with him into the courtyard, "I wouldn't either. I'm just not entirely enjoying the idea of feeling bad for you and understanding why you are the way you are. So, I'm going to continue using evil."

"Of course." A long moment of silence passed through them as a group of kids came into the courtyard to play, "I would like to express my genuine happiness for your conjoinment with James."

"Never say that to me again." Ana scrunched her nose up in disgust, "Conjoinment? Gosh, one, terrible wording, two, why would you be happy for us?"

"It is joyous for two people to come together."

Ana exhaled softly before turning to him, "I'm sorry."

Zemo furrowed his brows, actually unsure of why she said that, "I believe I need elaboration."

Ana stopped looking at him and immediately grew a little uncomfortable. She was definitely the kind of person who could do this thing, talk to someone, but with Zemo she was just so uncomfortable. This man had ruined a family, yes the Accords started it, but Tony had come to their aid when he realized he was wrong. And Zemo had to reveal what she had assumed all along, that Bucky had killed her grandmother as the Winter Soldier.

"I'm sorry for what happened to your family. It's not going to change anything, between either of us. But-" She finally looked back at Zemo, "You deserved an apology. I-The Avengers should have done more for the people of Sokovia."

"Thank you, Ana." Zemo told her sincerely and looked back at the group of children, "Do you mind?"

Ana furrowed her brows, "What?"