Chapter 9

As I wake up, I rub my eyes and check my phone. No text from Hunter. He usually texts me every morning. I shrug and get out of my bed. I go into the kitchen, to find my Mom and Dad talking to each other.
"Good Morning!" My Mom says as she hugs me.
"Morning!" I reply.
"So, how was your date at the park yesterday?" My Mom asks with a smirk on her face. I roll my eyes and laugh.
"It was not a date!" I say, grabbing a white bowl from the cabinet to put my cereal in. I grab the Cheerios box and pour myself a bowl of cereal, and head back into my room to avoid the embarrassment. I desperately check my phone again, expecting Hunter to text me. No text. I text him.

Me- Good morning!

I wait 15 minutes. My phone buzzes. It's finally Hunter!

Hunter- We are OVER. Who would want to date an annoying idiot like you?

What? That is so unlike Hunter. That can't be him!

Me- What do you mean? :(

Hunter- See, you're SO annoying. That's why everyone at this school hates you, you clueless dummy!

I just don't reply. My eyes tear up. What if that really is Hunter? Did he just break up with me? I wipe my eyes and get ready for school. I put on a pink sweater with skinny jeans. I put on a silver necklace that says "young, wild, and free." I go to the bus stop. There is nobody there, so I sit on the bus and check my Instagram. A few weeks ago, before I moved here to Michigan, I posted a picture of all my friends and I from California, and I explained how much I'll miss everyone. Hunter reposted the same picture and the caption was "I doubt she had any friends. She probably just photoshopped random people in this picture. Ha!" I cover my mouth. This was not Hunter. He had to be hacked! When the bus drops me off at school, I run through the hallways, searching for Hunter. He is nowhere to be seen. However, I look around the corner, and I see Nicole and all of her friends crowding around each other. I look closer. They have Hunter's phone!
"I bet you guys Emily won't even come to school today. She's such a whimp! Haha!" Nicole laughs. Nicole hacked Hunter! I knew it all along! I walked right up to Nicole and totally shocked her.
"How did you get Hunters phone?" I ask.
"You don't need to know. If we tell you, you probably wouldn't understand because you're so dumb!" Nicole scoffs as she does her diva walk away from me. I look around the school for Hunter. I see him coming out of the Math room and I hug him right away. I hugged him so tightly.
"Good morning Em!" Hunter says with a smile. He looks into my eyes and he must have seen the tears.
"Awe, Em what's wrong?" Hunter asks with a concerned look.
"Nicole! She hacked your phone and texted me pretending that she was you! She texted me and made me believe that you were breaking up with me!" I cry. Hunter hugs me.
"Em, you know I would never break up with you!" Hunter says, comforting me.
"Well, she scared me!" I say, still crying and hugging me. He pulls me away from our hug and comforts me even more.
"I'll take care of it. I'll give her a piece of my mind!" Hunter storms off, finding Nicole. I go into the girls bathroom and wash my face, getting rid of my puffy, red eyes i got while crying. Once I look decent again, I go back to my locker and grab my books for the morning. I walk into Mr. Maul's room when the bell rings.
The rest of the day went by so slowly. I guess that's because I wanted to go home so badly. When the last bell finally rings, I pack up my stuff and head back home.
"I'm home!" I yell as I walk through our white, wooden front door.
"Hey kiddo!" My Dad yells as he gets off the couch and hugs me. I walk into my room to start my homework. I only had Math and Spanish homework, so I finished it pretty quickly. When my Mom came home, she took us all out to eat at this New Mexican Food Place in North Oak called "Cinco De Mayo" and it was really good! I got cheese quesadillas with a lemonade. When we came home, I was so exhausted from all the drama that happened today, so I put on a blue pajama shirt with gray sweatpants. I slip into bed and text Hunter goodnight.

Hunter- Goodnight Em! Love you!

Me- Love you!

I shut my phone off and drift off to sleep.

Authors Note- I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Nicole was being really evil in this one, so I hope you liked it! Comment your thoughts on Nicole's actions. Do you really think she should have done that? I love you all!