Chapter IX: LR Time (Edited)

"Irina, about—" Just as she walked into the faculty room, she cut herself off as her eyes laid on the scene before her. Within a second, Emiko appeared between Korosensei and Irina; baring her sharp canines with agitation, "Don't you dare stare at my sister's chest you perverted Octopus"

"Calm down," Karasuma ordered, standing from his chair. "He's just that type of target"

Emiko felt herself calm down as Irina placed a hand on her shoulder. She stepped to the side, watching as Irina attempted to stab Korosensei— ultimately failing. After her constant failures, she got up.

"Shit" She cursed in English as she walked again. "I won't stand for this" she announced in Japanese before slamming the door behind her. Emiko was quick to follow the blonde woman.

---

She stretched her arms, cracking her back at the same time as she yawned, jumping from her designated napping tree. As she made her way toward the class, she was quick to notice Irina running at Karasuma— coffee in hand. Her eyes narrowed at the sight but nevertheless, she sat down on the steps near the other.

***

A few hours had passed, and whatever was going on between Karasuma and Irina was still happening. Although Emiko hadn't actually paid any attention to it.

"Tsk"

As she walked along the front of the building, strolling along the corridor, she stopped when she heard a familiar voice. An all too, familiar. Following the source, she was led to the faculty office.

With the door already open, she peered in.

"Gramps...?" She muttered, a soft voice.

'Why is he here?'

In that moment, Korosensei's presence was forgotten.

"Oh, Mizuki"

"Why are you here, sensei?"

"It's not important now" As she nodded, it was only then she remembered the third presence alongside them.

"..." she said nothing for a moment. "You were here for Irina, weren't you?" Emiko stared at him for a second longer before snapping to the being behind him, "Octopus, leave."

"'kay~" he hummed before a swift exit.

Emiko turned back to Lovro, speaking with a soft tone "Do you have anything?"

"Not quite. Team four is still looking for the main base. Once there is any news I will let you know"

With no other choice, she was forced to nod. "I appreciate your work, Grandpa" Then she stepped past him, walking to the door. "However, when you do find them. I will leave on my own. Whether it kills me or not" she stared at the door handle, unmoving.

"You will avenge them. But always remember--"

"I know," she sighed, "'Dead is alive'."

He nodded, "That as well, but what I was going to say, was that it wouldn't hurt for you to be more open with your peers"

"..." she said nothing, "It won't be easy"

"Nothing is ever easy, child"

She looked to the side, glancing at him from the corner of her eye as she opened the door. "I'll see you later"

Shutting the door softly behind her, she turned the corner with a deep frown.

"It's discourteous to listen to others' conversations"