Chapter 10: Witches, and Wizards, and Warlocks, Oh My!

Aria walks with a new purpose. She was hardened by the loss of those weeks with her mate. Knowing what he went through made her even tougher. During those weeks she was learning to fight in wolf and human form. She's gotten good really quickly, too. She's already good with a gun so they also work on techniques with a knife and knife throwing. Aria picked up knife throwing really quickly and it's one of her favorite methods of combat now.

Alexander noticed the change in Aria and became sad. He knew her innocence wouldn't last long being the Luna of his pack but he hoped it would last awhile longer. She looks like she aged ten years from this whole ordeal. It's now that Alexander realizes she had to head up the search team for him, as well as, run the pack while he was gone. She seems composed so I assume she did a great job but I'll hear more from Ben when I get back.

They're walking up to the gates now and they press the intercom, "Alpha Alexander and Luna Aria are here, please open the gates" Alexander says to the intercom system. The gates immediately open and Alexander and Aria walk through hand and hand until they reach the castle. Once the doors open people are fawning all over them, making sure they're okay. Alexander forces any medic away from him claiming he's fine and that they are just scars. Aria guides him to the bedroom for a shower and some much needed sleep for them both. After their shower, they lay their heads down on the pillows, snuggled up in each others arms, and instantly fall asleep.

The sun wakes up Aria first. She always tends to wake up before Alexander. Alexander. She remembers that he's home now. So many nights of an empty bed and the worry that she'd have to raise this child alone. He's next to her now, she reminds herself. Everything is okay now. Alexander doesn't look okay though. He looks strained even in his sleep. I moves around a lot and seems like he's having a nightmare. Aria gently kisses him to wake him up and he grabs her by the neck with a murderous look in his eyes. He blinks and realizes he's holding his sweet Aria by the neck and let's go.

"Aria, oh my God, I'm so sorry Aria. I was having a nightmare and I thought you were one of the guards. Oh God, I'm so sorry I would never hurt you purposely Aria, never-" Alexander rants.

"It's okay," Aria soothes Alexander "I know you weren't trying to hurt me. It was a nightmare like you said. I'm fine there's nothing to worry about." She does wonder if he should see someone for a little to work out what happened to him. Alexander is so disgusted with himself. He looks at the red marks around Aria's neck and can't believe what he did. He knows he needs to get help now to get through this. If he hurts Aria again he'll never forgive himself.

When Aria goes down to breakfast Alexander calls a therapist that his mother used to see before she passed away. His father was merciless and beat his mate to death over her getting older and uglier, as he put it. He quickly replaced her with a young eighteen year-old girl. Alexander hasn't told Aria any of this but he will tell her eventually. He misses talking about his late mother.

Alexander talks with the therapist and sets up an appointment for the afternoon. He goes down to meet Aria for breakfast before he has to get ready and leave for his appointment. Aria is already sitting down eating at the table with Ben when Alexander walks down. He grabs some food and joins them at their table. Aria has a mega watt smile when she sees Alexander approaching. She can't get over how surreal it is that he's back.

Alexander plops down next to Aria and gives her a kiss on the cheek. He mind links her

I have a meeting with a therapist this afternoon. I promise to never hurt you again.

Aria replies,

Alex, I know you would never intentionally hurt me, however, I'm glad you're getting help to work through this. I believe in you and I love you.