Chapter 17: Who Doesn't Love A Wedding?

Once Alexander has finished doing the dishes, and the kids are fast asleep, Aria sits Alexander down on the edge of the bed. She pulls out the note and tells him about her day. Aria goes in great detail from finding the note, to going to Matilda's, to the spell, to Matilda's story, to the connection she made with her mom, and finally her phone call with her mom. Alexander was dumbfounded the the turns of events.

Alexander kisses her and assures her, "We will figure this out like we do everything else. If what Matilda said is true you're strong enough to take on the Ancient Witch. You know the pack will always have your back, as well. I'm here for you okay, Ari? You tell me what you need and I'll get it."

Aria looks lovingly at her husband and replies, "I just need to be married to you and enjoy normal life. There's always a constant battle, I'm just tired of it I guess." A frown spreads on Alexander's face. He really hates when his wife is upset. He'd do anything to make her happy. He tries to reassure her, "This is the last one. I promise. We will have two weeks off from all of this when we go on our honeymoon. We'll relax and enjoy ourselves, have some alone time together. We're going to have our happily ever after don't worry." Alexander is massaging the tension out of Aria's shoulders.

Aria gazes at Alexander and knows she already has her happily ever after. Her family is her everything and the only thing left that could make her happier would be their safety. No more threats and bloodshed. Aria wants a peaceful life ruling her pack alongside Alexander and she wants to be a good mom.

Aria and Alexander wind down and get ready to sleep in separate beds. Alexander falls right asleep in his bed but Aria tosses and turns until about 5 AM. At this point the sun is rising so she rolls out of bed and gets ready for the day.

Aria is going hand in her resignation to work after the wedding. The Luna duties keep piling up and she cannot possibly do both. Aria texts Alexander demanding to know how he can keep up with being an Alpha and a CEO of a large company. Alexander chuckles and types back,

Well, I struggle once in awhile. I'm very hands off with my company because I have employees there to handle all of the day to day stuff.

Additionally, I have a CFO to handle the big picture stuff. I also have marketing, finance, and many other teams to handle the behind the scenes stuff. I have a lot of help I couldn't do it on my own.

What's wrong, baby?

Aria feels better knowing that she's not a failure for not being able to do both. She can also still his the early child development center here in the castle whenever she likes. She responds to Alexander,

I want to resign from my job, Alex. I can't go to work and have enough time to fulfill my Luna duties.

I cried, feeling like a failure, earlier, but you reassured me that no one could possibly work two positions to the fullest extent. Thank you for your support, my love. I feel better already.

I'll see you down the aisle. ❤️

Alexander is sad for her because he knows she loves her job, however, she also loves being Luna. Alexander plans on getting Aria into the early child development center in the castle part-time once the kids graduate from it. Alexander returns to getting ready for his wedding, daydreaming about Aria and the wedding.

Aria's room is much more packed. Sandy, Sienna, Gabrielle, and Aria are drinking mimosas while getting mani pedis. Aria does a French manicure on her square shaped nails with a little rhinestone top center, bordering the edge of her nail. On her toes she does white as pure as fresh snow. Gabrielle gets a deep red on her almond shaped nails and toes with gold lines striking through her ring fingers and big toes. She also adds some gold gems to her pointer fingers.