Chapter 11: Becoming The Master

Aria has always taken pride in how fast she can learn things. Magic is no different. It's been two months and Aria already feels like a pro. It's like she was born to do magic and she's learning more and more spells everyday. A lot of defensive spells in case of an attack and some offensive ones in case she needs to fight. She also learns some nature spells for fun because it is so beautiful watching a flower come back to life. Nature is so beautiful and now she has two connections with nature. Once as a wolf and once as a witch.

As Aria is using magic to levitate knives and throw them at targets, Alexander walks in while each dagger hits the bullseye. Alexander encourages her, "My woman is getting is combat ready and it's sexy." Aria blushes as Matilda scolds Alexander for lewd behavior in her house. Aria can't help but giggle at Alexander getting reamed out by a witch for talking slightly dirty to her.

Matilda warns Aria, "Today will be a more difficult day than most that we've had. You've mastered all of the other spells except for the ancient ones. We start those today." Aria gulps nervously as she realizes she will be doing the hardest spells for witches ever. She didn't realize she got to that level of mastery with the rest of the spells. Alexander was also shocked to hear how far she's come and is elated for her. She is a powerful mate which makes for a great Luna.

Matilda starts with one of the easier ancient spells and Aria immediately gets it. Matilda tries a slightly harder one and Aria still does it on the first try. Matilda has never seen anyone learn control over these spells so quickly. Matilda throws the hardest one at her. Aria messes up the spell the first time but gets it on the second try. Matilda sighs, "You have outgrown me child. Your gifts have officially surpassed mine. You are the master now young one." Matilda bows her head and leaves the room. Aria and Alexander are in shock. They walk out of the house and Aria realizes how ready she is. She has prepped her magic for two months and feels in control of it compared to when she first started. She got lucky the first time she used magic in battle she had no idea what she was doing and could've really hurt someone.

Aria and Alexander climb into the Jeep and begin the ride home. Aria plugs her phone into the AUX and plays "Night Moves" by Bob Seger. They sing along and nod their heads to the beat of the music. Abruptly Aria feels wet between her legs. She just realized her water broke. Alexander looks over to her and comes to the same realization. He speeds towards the doctors office, thankful that he has the labor go-bag in the car.

They arrive at the hospital and Alexander carries her in. Aria holds her stomach in pain as the contractions start. She's felt pressure on her stomach on and off all night but she thought the baby was just kicking or something. The doctors get Aria in a wheelchair and take her to a private suite reserved for her labor. The doctor and nurses get her up on the bed and check to see how dilated she is. "She's at 10 centimeters", The doctor calls out, "Prep for pushing now!"

Aria looks at Alexander and she gives her a kind smile that reaches his eyes.

You can do this he says through the mind link You are so strong and this baby can't wait to meet you so just push. You've got this. I love you baby. Alexander holds her hand as she starts to push. He whispers encouraging words during the entire labor. With a final push, Robert's cry can be heard around the room. The doctors take him to clean him up and give him a check up. When they bring him back his little eyes are still closed but you can see that he has Aria's nose and cheeks, and Alexander's chin. He is the most beautiful boy thinks Aria. The doctor chimes in, "He's a healthy and handsome little boy my Alpha and Luna. Congratulations on the birth of your child."

Aria attempted to breast feed him and he latched on right away. He seemed very hungry. Aria lay there for a little enjoying nursing her little one. Alexander snuggled his wife and son close to his chest. He holds so much happiness in his heart at this very moment.