Chapter 19: Esther And Her Witches

Aria wakes up in the middle of the night. She tosses and turns but can't seem to go back to sleep. Esther won't leave her mind so she slips on a robe and slippers then heads for the cells. It's dirty and musty down there and she keeps finding cobwebs. Vowing to take a shower after this she finds Esther's cell. Esther is sleeping so Aria bangs on the bars to wake her up. Esther jolts awake.

"Rise and shine, grandmother. It's time to talk." Aria says coldly. "You will tell the truth, and I'll ensure that. Veritas tempus." Aria performed a truth spell on her grandmother so she can't lie to her while she questions her.

"Why did you want to take me?" Aria interrogates. "For your power. You're seeping in power and you don't even know it. I wanted to take your power for myself." She honestly answers. Aria calms down knowing her own kin would do this to her and carries on with the questions, "What will it take for you to go away?" Esther responds, with a smile on her face, "One of your children will suffice. They have just as much if not more power than you." Aria is seething with anger now. She shouts, "I will never give up my children! There is clearly only one way to deal with you."

Aria opens Esther's cell and leads her out to a chamber. She chains Esther to the walls and mumbles, "Nervi resoluti." Esther slumps down and finds herself paralyzed. Aria continues, but quickly, for she only has a minute. "I, Aria King, sentence you, Esther, to death for the attempted kidnapping of Aria King. Any last words?" Esther mutters, "Rot in hell, bitch." Aria lets her claws out and slices Esther's head clean off. Aria feels relieved knowing she doesn't have to deal with Esther anymore.

Aria goes back to her room and wakes up Alexander. He tells him about the last 30 minutes with Esther and that she's dead now. He just holds her for awhile and gives her kisses here and there. He finally checks in with her, "Are you okay, Ari? Killing someone isn't easy, but your own family? That must've been really hard." Aria is stone cold as she answers, "That woman was never my family." Alexander drops the subject and massages Aria's neck.

They head to the shower together to wash up. They end up making love before getting clean. After they wash up they get dressed and wake up their babies for breakfast. The babies are up and eating when there's a knock at the door.

Sienna stands at their door holding an invitation. "You both are invited to my mating ceremony!" Sienna exclaims. Aria pulls her in for a bear hug and the couple congratulates her. Sienna drags Aria to the boutique with her to shop for dresses. Aria decides to also get a dress for the ceremony.

Sienna tries on dress after dress. Red, white, yellow, green. Another color, another dress. After the tenth dress Sienna smiles and declares, "This is the dress!"

Sienna finds a baby blue, trumpet dress with thick, diamond straps. The diamonds snake along the neckline of her halter dress. The tight skirt flows down and then flares out at the bottom. The satin fabric clings to her curves and her cleavage peers out of the top of her dress. She looks breathtaking.

Aria finds her dress on the first try. She chooses a space blue dress with a plunging V neckline with mesh triangle at the bottom of the V to cover some of her cleavage. The bottom of the sheath styled dress pools at Aria's feet.

The girls are checking out when a short, petite woman with platinum blonde hair and designer clothes walks into the stop. The windows abruptly shatter as she chants under her breath. Aria whispers, "Morator" which causes the woman to move in slow motion. The girls grab their dresses and burst out of the store.

Sienna starts the car and speeds out of the parking lot. The spell is beginning to wear off the the witch is getting faster by the second. Sienna puts her pedal to the metal and gets Aria home in half of the time it normally takes. She ran many red lights and stop signs, and possibly got a ticket at one of those lights, but she doesn't care. They are safely home. Sienna and Aria run to their mates to tell them what just happened. 15 minutes later they all convene in Alexander's office.