♥12♥ Truly Beloved

Before leaving the island and live her new life, Ranfa had one last thing to do. It's the end of the month on Shiranui Island. The island had a tradition; when a person dies before the end of the month, at the end of the month the islanders will ride a boat out to surround the pavilion in the sea and put a lotus flower out into the sea, letting it flow away. It's a symbolism for the dead to leave the living and be reborn to this world to begin a new life. No matter what they're reborn as the islanders will always remember them and they will always live on in their memories.

The girls of the island will dance for the dead in their best kimono. Ranfa was dancing on the pavilion. She looked out from the stage and she saw Kirishima on one of the boats with his friends. They were putting out lotus flowers for the dead too. 

For those who had died unable to see the new world, Ranfa swore to herself that she will live on. She will live on on behalf of those who were unable to see or experience the freedom granted upon Shiranui Island.

Kirishima couldn't keep his eyes off her because he thought she was just like the cherry blossom that bloomed in Spring. There were other dancers but his red eyes focused only on Ranfa because that's his beloved right there. When he first met her, he saw coldness and sadness in her eyes. He saw a girl suffering but refusing to admit she's suffering. Right now, he's seeing Ranfa truly feeling free. He could see the freedom in her eyes. 

Everyone was watching the dancers. Each and every one of the students were captivated by the dancers. They were all graceful in their steps and they swayed like the calm wind itself. 

Ranfa walked up to a dancer and she took out a blue sword from her. With the water based sword, Ranfa jumped down from the pavilion stage and she ended up standing on the surface of the water. As the tempo of the musicians go faster and faster so did Ranfa's dance. She's dancing with the sword in hand and she swept the water high up into the air and let it rain down on Kirishima's boat. 

Kirishima looked up at the sky. He couldn't see where the falling of the water began because the sunlight got in his way. The way the rain rained down on him felt cool and comforting. It felt like he was free. 

Ranfa danced her way to him and stretched her hand out to him, tucking his now wet hair behind his ear. The way she smiled at him made him blush. "Take my hand." 

Kirishima held her hand and he let her drag him onto the water. 

"Anything that's wet will stand on top of the water." The surface of the water was their stage and they're both standing on it at this beautiful moment. "This sword's ability is pretty amazing, right?" 

"I see." Like before, the two of them danced. This time, they didn't need to worry about things like an enemy's coming for them because this island will gain its freedom.

Ranfa still have no idea why he knew the steps to the dance but she enjoyed dancing with him and she was sure he felt the same way. 

The girls were fangirling because they never thought the Kirishima Eijirou they knew would do such a romantic thing with another girl. Heck, they thought he had the hots for Bakugou!

That day, the lotus flowers flowed far from the island... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranfa got onto the ship. She looked back at the shore, "Are you sure you are staying, Masamune-san?" 

"Ah. I am the chief after all. I will stay here for some time before I leave too and see the world for what it is." 

"Right." She looked to the right to see Homura will come along too. "You're coming with me?"