Chapter 13

I was sleeping soundly in my bed when suddenly I heard some chip crunching noises near me. I sat up and rolled my eyes to see Emily, sitting at her usual place, writing an assignment.
She has been doing that assignment for a whole week now, and she barely even sleeps. I tiptoed softly to her direction and tapped her shoulder. "Emily?" I whispered.
"Woah!" she stood up. "i didn't do it, Principal Ivy!"
"Emily, wake up! You've been doing your assignment in your sleep."
"Huh? What? Homework? No! No more, I beg you, Mr Lance!"
"Emily!"
"Huh?"
I shook both her shoulders roughly to wake her up. "Oh, it's you, Bethany.."
"Emily," I squat down next to her. "Have you been doing this all night?"
Then she burst into tears. "Bethany!" She cried. "Please help!" I hugged her tight and said, "Go to sleep. You're probably too stressed out. You're usually so calm and confident when you're doing homework. You get it done in no time."
"Okay."
Then we both went to sleep. I think. I could still hear her sniffing.
~
The next morning was school day, and I was sitting on my bed, browsing Instagram and eating breakfast all at the same time. When Emily came out of the bathroom, she looked so.. baggy. Her hair was a mess, she applied her mascara and eyeliner in a funny way, making her look like those creepy vampires, and she was wearing her bunny slippers with a bright pink top with a unicorn on it, with some old ripped jeans.
I looked at her dreadfully. "Emily?" I asked. "Are you alright?"
She ywaned loudly like Tarzan and said, "No, I'm fine.. Just.. Fine..."
Then she fell asleep and quickly recovered it. "Unicorns.. hehe.."
"Emily, you're not fine," I said. "Come on, I'll fix you up."
We went to the bathroom and I helped Emily to wipe off her makeup and washed her face with this cleansing gel to make her feel fresh. Then I applied lip balm to her crusty lips, put some serum onto her hair and combed it until it looked straight and silky.
Then I help her put on these cute mustache earrings I found on the bathroom countertop. I picked out her clothes for her and laid them on her bed. It was a stylish beige and black Teen Girl top, with a mini skirt and cute leggings. Then, I helped her put on a choker and this pretty necklace - that said Love - onto her neck. I took out her trendy cowgirl boots from her closet and put it onto her feet. And she was done. I pushed her to the mirror to see herself.
She quickly rolled her eyes and stood there in shock. "Wow, Beth," she felt her smooth little face. "I look fabulous!"
"Thanks," I said, blushing. I never knew I could come up with a cool outfit for Emily. "I like it, too. Now, wake up and grab your backpack, we're going to class."
"Oh, right. Thanks, again."
"You're welcome."
~
I was just doodling on my notebook during study period. Mainly because I've been studying all week, I even memorized the most impossible equations for Math.
Mrs. Janet wasn't really paying attention to us, she was just writing something and clicking her glasses every once in a while.
Then suddenly I found myself doodling a crown and a dress. What was I thinking? I'm not a princess.
Then, Mrs. Janet stood up and said, "Okay, class. I need to end this period early, due to a meeting later with my family. You may all go now."
We quickly snatched our backpacks from the gross, sticky chairs and hurried off to enjoy the rest of the day. When I went back to my dorm room, I just realized Emily was in Geometry class, which was Ms. Peache. I just shrugged and threw my backpack onto the floor and sinked into my beanbag.
Then I thought, hey, there's a couple of hours left until the day ends. I should go for a walk at the park.
So I went to my closet and picked out the comfiest clothes to walk in. A yellow lace blouse, cotton shorts and these cute flip flops I got for my birthday. I tied my hair in a loose ponytail and grabbed my sunnies, sun lotion and my phone. It was very sunny that day.
I stepped out of the school and breathed in the super fresh air. Birds were singing, butterflies were flying away happily, while the wind blew gently across my face.
So I walked over to the park, which was about 2 km away. But that was fine, I needed exercise anyway. In the middle of the route, I saw kids cycling around their neighborhood, some of them were blowing bubbles while some of them were just chilling in the sun.
I sighed as I heard their laughter. It's too sad we don't have any summer holidays here in my boarding school.
So I just kept walking calmly...

Hi! Long time no see. :) Sorry for not uploading. I hope you read my note before this upload. Recently I've gone through a lot of drama in school and gym, even at home. This week we had a small test, and I just completed it yesterday. :D Now, we have our mid-semester break for 1 week, and I will be able to upload chapters more often now! :D Thanks for reading, vote, follow and comment your thoughts! :) -Tabi