Chapter 1

I was awoken by a super annoying alarm clock on my bedside table. I slowly opened my eyes and pressed the off button as I looked at Emily - my dorm roommate, I don't like her that much - snoring as loud as a high volume TV. She was drooling on her teddy bear while holding a TV remote - probably because she stayed up all night watching TV - and slightly falling off from her bed. I rolled my eyes and finally decided to get up. Because there is class today, as usual.

After I freshened up and got dressed, I decided to shake Emily until she wakes up. I stepped forward to her bed and shook her with both my hands roughly.

"Emily! Emily! Earth to Emily!" I whisper-shouted.

Emily fluttered her eyes a little but went back to snoring again. I raised an eyebrow as I watched her push me and go back into her blanket. She's not sleeping. She's just pretending to sleep.

So I filled a bucket in the bathroom with ice cold water and sneakily tiptoed to her bed. Then, I dumped the bucket onto her silky nightgown.

"Wake up, Emily!"

She immediately stood up and scowled at me.

"What the heck are you doing, Bethany?" She asked rudely.

"Waking you up," I shrugged.

She scoffed and blurted out from her wet lips, "Look at what you've done with my gown! My bed! My teddy!"

She pointed out everything that she said I'd done. I just smirked at her and said slyly, "It's not my fault you stayed up all night watching TV and fell asleep on the couch with all these things near you. And if you dod wake up, I didn't have to bring in the bucket."

Her eyebrows arched down as I said those words. Then she stomped into the bathroom to take a nice, warm shower. Obviously she's super mad at me. Well, at least I woke her up.

~

I picked out some cornflakes for my breakfast and then headed off to meet Lucy - my one and only true friend here - at her table. As usual, she was sipping some hot cocoa while scrolling down the screen on her iPhone. She was checking the latest news about celebrities.

"Hey Beth!" She greeted with a smile when she saw me.

I just grinned a little as I sat down. She put down her phone and started eating her proper breakfast.

"So, how's Emily?" Lucy asked, with her mouth full of PB&J sandwich. I have just moved into Emily's dorm a couple of days ago, and it was already a nightmare. I had to move in with her because I was kicked out by my old dorm mate, Lily, who was a snob. Much worse than Emily. And, coincidentally, Emily's old roomate moved out so she had space for me. So I had no choice but to move in with her because I can't afford to live on my own anywhere else.

Lily just wanted her own space. That's not fair. Just because her mom is the principal of this school, doesn't mean she can make her boss us around.

"She's fine," I said, chomping down some cornflakes. "Better than Lily, I guess."

"Are you sure? You don't seem so sure, Beth." Lucy asked with concern.

I smirked at her and said "She's way more dramatic than Lily, though."

"Who's way more dramatic than me?" A sudden voice popped in.

Me and Lucy turned around to see Lily and her clique scowling at us. Even though all of them dressed the same way, Lily was the one who stands out most with her perfection. I couldn't help but notice her beautiful curly hair draping down her shoulder. Her clothes were fashionable, she had flawless skin, and almost the perfect shape a girl can have.

"Bethany? Hello? I'm asking you a question?" She asked sarcastically.

"Emily, Lily, Emily," I blurted out.

"Emily? Sweet and nice Emily? Oh, how sad, you ended up getting stuck with her after my little, um, move out."

"Well, she is way more better than you."

"Oh really? I have a hard time believing that." She smirked.

I didn't get that question, but before I could figure it out, she pushed my cereal bowl onto my lap. Then she took my orange juice and poured it all over my head. Finally she took my bacon and eggs and just threw it onto the ground pointing at it, as if it was me being thrown onto the ground.

Hello! This is a new story that I wanted to write after getting inspired by lots and lots of stuff around me. How do you like Emily? And will Bethany just sit there and wait? Will Lily get away with it? Find out in the next chapter! Vote if you liked it, and comment your thoughts too! ~Tabi