Chapter 7

I was solving a super hard Math question in my dorm room, until Emily and Lucy came barging in loudly. They immediately hugged me tightly and squealed, "Bethany, you made it to the next round!"

"Really? How did you guys know?" I asked, feeling really happy.

"Come!" Emily grabbed my hand and we raced towards the main corridor, where the bulletin was waiting for us.

After we caught our breath, Lucy pointed to a list that said, 'Round 2 Princesses'.

I widened my eyes as I squealed louder than Emily and Lucy. We all did another group hug right there. Suddenly, a familiar voice called out, "So you're happy you made it to the next round?"

We turned around to see Lily - alone. That's unusual - crossing her arms, glaring at me. "Uh, yes?" I stammered.

"Well, look closely at the dumb list, Howard," she said, narrowing her eyes at me.

Obeying her, I squinted at the list. I noticed Lily's name - at the very bottom - written in tiny words. Lily tapped her feet impatiently as she narrowed her eyebrows at me.
"Your.... Name?" I asked.
"Yes! My name!" She cried. "There were only 5 people who voted for me, but I had my mom push me to the next round, how fab."
She flipped her hair as she added, "So watch out, Howard."
~
I was in biology class the next day, sitting with a pretty brunette. "Hi there," she said softly. "Um, I'm Sophie." I couldn't help but notice her innocent looking eyes. So I just answered, "Hi, Sophie. I'm Bethany. You can call me Beth." Sophie smiled sweetly as her waves were flowing softly down shoulder, her eyes twinkling with glee. I loved the way she smiled, it made me feel so much better from all the commotion with Lily earlier.
"Are you new here?" I asked. We were supposed to paying attention to our biology teacher, Mr Jones. He kept on babbling about something on the whiteboard. But none of us were really listening.
"No," she said with a deep frown. "I'm too shy, nobody ever notices me. They'll ask 'Are you new here'.." I heard her sniffle a little.
I felt really bad after asking her that dumb question. I didn't know it would offend her much.
"Oh, I'm sorry," I said sincerely. I put a sad look on my face to show that I apologized properly.
"That's okay. You're a nicer person. Usually after I said I'm not new here to other people, they'll walk away. This time, you apologized. I really appreciate that."
"Okay."
We soon started chatting about our families, school, friends and all sorts. We became good friends after that.
"Bye, Beth! It was so good to meet you!" Sophie waved her hand cheerfully at me as she walked out of the classroom.
I waved back with a smile on my face. Sophie was such a sweet person, how could anybody not like her? Well, since it was none of my business, I decided to just walk away.
I met Emily and Lucy at the cafeteria during lunch. We sat together at a nice table, when suddenly, Lily and her sidekicks came sashaying by.
"Hello, losers," Lily said hastily. "I'm looking forward to the competition, Howard."
"Sure?" I replied in a question.
"Yes. Good luck! You'll need a whole bunch of it."
They all sashayed away again, flipping their hair.
"Don't worry about them, Beth," Lucy patted my shoulder. "They're airheads."
"They're not going to win because there's you!" Emily said.
"Thanks, guys. But I'm not sure I'll win," I frowned. "All of them glamorous silky hair, I have split ends and dead hair; they have flawless smooth skin, I have an oily complexion. It's not the same."
"Alright, then. You'll need our help," Lucy pointed out. "Tonight's the last round of Princess nominations, right?"
"Yeah," I said.
"Okay. Meet me and Emily at my dorm room. Emily, come with me."

Hi!!!!!! Long time no see there. I finally finished a chapter. Hope you like it! If any one of you is reading it. I'll be able to upload at least two chapters on a weekend, or maybe three. Thank you for all your support and patience! Love you! Vote, follow and comment your thoughts, please! :) -Tabi