Chapter 3

I was doing my Spanish homework when suddenly Emily barged in - well, not barge in, it's her dorm room anyway - and called my name. "Bethany! Bethany!"

I turned to see her waving her hands in the air like her hair was on fire or something.

"You know you can just call me Beth, right?" I asked.

"I know, I know! But you'd never guess what news I just heard about!"

"What is it?"

"Lily got into detention with Miss Selene for 2 whole weeks!"

Okay. I was right about her being more dramatic than Lily. Lily getting detention for two weeks? Isn't that normal here? It's not like dungeon or anything. No biggie.

"So?" I asked.

Emily put her hands on her hips and pointed out, "Not just detention, Bethany! Lunch detention! You know, she has lunch in detention? With no friends and stuff."

"Oh, okay."

Now I see her point.

Emily just looked at me and was like, "Hey! That means no Lily for two whole weeks torturing you in the cafeteria!"

"Okay, okay, I get it. I'm happy."

Emily rolled her eyes and said, "Bethany, it's Friday night. We should hang out or something."

"But we can't get out here without a car! I haven't got a car yet, you know?"

"Not anymore! Lucy has parked her car just outside the main building. She planned to bring us to some fabulous places!"

"What?!"

Before I could say no, Emily tossed me some of my best clothes - casual, thank goodness - and pushed me inside the bathroom to change. After I changed, I revealed myself and said, "Ta-da! Happy now?" I said that last part bitterly, so I could give Emily a little hint.

But she just looked at me and said, "You look awesome, Bethany! One last thing...." She tapped on her chin as she looked around the room. Then she spotted a beautiful butterfly hairpin on her vanity. Then she rearranged my hair in a different way. She made my black hair drape down my back flawlessly and my front hair arranged nicely. Finally she placed the hairpin onto my hair gently. She stepped back a bit to admire me.

"There! Now you look perfect!" She said, opening her palms in the air. "Let's go, Bethany! We can't waste any more time!"

She grabbed my hand and we raced out the door. As we were rushing there, we bumped into the last person I wanted to see in my life.

Lily Henderson.

"Look who's out from their mouse hole on a Friday night," Lily snorted. "Rat-thany Howard."

The girls in her clique laughed at her little joke. Then she smirked at me and put a finger up to shush them.

"Hello, Lily. What are you doing here?" I asked, letting go of Emily's hand to cross my arms.

"Oh, just hanging around with my girlfriends here. And since we bumped into the little rat - you, of course - we can start messing with your poor little snout."

I just glared at her as she flipped her hair behind her back. Before I could say anything else, Emily grabbed my hand - again, ugh - and took me to the main building. "Emily, what's the rush?" I asked as we passed by several more dorms.

"You'll see," she said.

~

Soon I was in a cafe. It wasn't just any cafe, it was a cupcake cafe! My favorite. I couldn't help but notice the pastel curtains draping down designer windows that matched with the tablecloths. The interior design was sweet and soft, just like a nice little cupcake.

Lucy gestured me over where she was standing to pick a cupcake. I drooled as I looked over the variety of sweet and delicious cupcakes in the display case. There were so many to choose from!

Banana Chocolate with whipped cream, Rocky Road, or just plain vanilla.

I looked closely at the vanilla cupcake. There was something special about it. Then I rolled my eyes and finally noticed a tiny diamond sitting on top of the cupcake. I grinned as I asked the lady to give me the vanilla one. Emily and Lucy gawked at me, and I just shrugged, "What?"

"But..but Beth, why not Strawberry Shortcake? Royal Red Velvet? Aren't those your favourites?" Lucy asked.

I smiled warmly at them and said, "This is a special cupcake."

Both of them seemed really confused after I said that. So, when I showed them the tiny diamond on top of the cupcake, the 'oohed' over it and their eyes reflected the shine of the little diamond. The corners of my mouth went up as I saw them eating their cupcakes happily.

I picked out the little diamond gently. I carefully put it inside my purse, for safekeeping. It's better than putting it inside your tummy, right?

Hi again! How do you like the girls' hangout? Pretty fun, huh? Sorry this chapter is short. Anyways, thank you for reading, and vote if you liked this chapter! :) Oh, and comment your favorite cupcake in the comments! Just for fun! ~Tabi