Chapter 10

Me and Lucy brought Sophie to the girls' washroom.
We washed her face and wiped it dry with a small towel. She stopped crying but her face was still red and hot.
"Okay, Sophie, calm down," I comforted her as I placed my hand on her shoulder. "What happened?"
"It was Lily," she said quickly.
"What did she do to you?" Lucy asked.
"She... She tripped me," Sophie stammered. "I was walking down the hall, when she purposely put her foot out and tripped me. I flipped and landed face-first onto the ground. I twisted my ankle, and my head looks like an infected bee. See?" She pointed at her forehead, where it was purple and green, almost looked like it was going to burst of her head. I was surprised I didn't notice it earlier.
"Oh, you poor thing.." Lucy said as she hugged Sophie tightly. "We'll immediately tell Principal Ivy."
"No!" I said. "Don't do that."
"Why not?" Lucy asked, puzzled.
"Remember the last time we complained to Principal Ivy about Lily?" I pointed out. "She's going to kill all of us if we tell Principal Ivy again."
"You got a point there," Lucy said.
"Well, whatever happened," Sophie cut in. "I'm not going to do anything about it."
"What?" Me and Lucy put a surprised look on our faces.
Sophie blushed and gently tucked her hair behind her ear. "If I do anything, I'll make it worse."
"But, Sophie," I stammered too. "This is outrageous!"
"Yes, it is. But if we make it worse, won't it become more outrageous?"
"Oh..." Me and Lucy replied to her statement. She did a sly smile and said, "Thanks though, guys. You know, for helping me. I'll be going to Math class now, bye!"
She waved us goodbye and disappeared into the halls. Me and Lucy exchanged glances with each other. Then we just shrugged and went out the door to go to our next class.
~
I was sitting in the library, reading a novel entitled "Family". It was my book topic that I had to read for English class. This time, Lucy nor Emily nor Sophie was accompanying me. I was alone. That's because I wanted some quiet time alone, thinking about life and stuff. Being in the library studying is the most effective way.
I sighed softly as I held up the book to admire the front cover. On the top, it read "Family" in big, fat letters. At the middle there were some pictures of families and friends; on the first one, there was a family photo of one mother and three children. It made me cry a little to see that. I know, I'm an emotional wreck sometimes. Some of you are emotional wreck too, right?
On the second photo, there were two boys playing happily on the field. Their mom and dad were cheering them on the bleachers. The dad was standing up, waving his hands like crazy, while the mom was sitting down clapping loudly. Then, a drop of tear went flying down onto the book. I quickly recovered.
On the last photo, there was a mother cuddling her own baby girl. Then, I took out some tissue from the tissue box - I don't know why there was a tissue box in a library. Maybe for emotional wrecks like me when they read sad love stories? - that was next to me on the table. I sniffed a little as I wiped away my tears. I couldn't help it. Those pictures reminded me of my family..
Last month, before I moved, I was sitting on the living room couch, watching TV with my 20-year-old sister, Rachel. We were having fun until we heard some banging noises in the kitchen. We quickly rushed over to see. Mom and dad were fighting. It was terrifying when we saw mom poke dad's finger with a fork. I closed my eyes and cried. Rachel hugged me tight as she cried softly too, onto my head.
Mom and dad were fighting about bills.
"You crazy woman!" Dad screamed his lungs out. "How long do you have to shower everyday? Look at out water bills! They're higher than a 500 feet building!"
"What about you?!" Mom spat out. "Look at out electricity bills then! And see what you've done!"
Then they continued arguing and fighting, until mom stormed out of the kitchen and grabbed me and Rachel by hand, and screamed to my dad, "I'll take these two! But I never want any children anymore! Jason, we're done!"
We didn't pack or anything. Mom just grabbed us and made us sit in the car until she was done. She was sitting on the driver's seat, her head buried in her hands. She cried softly and said, "I'm sorry, kids. I was horrifying. But I never want to see Jason again. Rachel, you may go to college, while Bethany, I'll have to send you to boarding school. We'll move to a new house together first, then we'll settle things." And with that, she just drove away, without saying bye to dad, who was standing on the doorway, screaming mom's name.
I'm going to miss my family. Especially Rachel, Tori, Don, Sean, John, Henry, Luke and Matthew. All my siblings.
Don, Sean and John were triplets, that's why their names rhyme. And me and Rachel always hang out, because we're the oldest in the family. Tori usually likes to hang out with Luke, who learns karate as she learns ballet. Matthew and Henry loves to come up with crazy inventions and stuff. Even though it was annoying, I still loved to hear explosions in the boy's bathroom.
Then, my flashback popped. That's because I just realized the school bell just rang. My free period was over, and I never got to read the book yet. At least I got to flashback on my family, right?

Hey all! Incredibly, this chapter is long and a quick upload. That's because I had plenty of free time before my bedtime. I love it! And I'm feeling better now, no worries. School seems to drag on so quickly, I felt like yesterday was just my first day of middle school! Anyways, this chapter you got to know a little more about Beth's family. Yes! You may say. Recently, my story has hit 400 views! Thank you all for your support and please share this story to your friends and family. Love you all! <3 Thanks for reading, vote, follow and comment your thoughts! :) -Tabi