Chapter 9

I was staring blankly at the whiteboard, where Mrs. Tina was writing some weird Spanish thing with her eyes focused only on the board. I wasn't focusing on that though, nobody was. Some of them were playing Clash Of Clans, some of them were copying homework, while some were just snoring...
But the only one focusing on Mrs. Tina was Sophie.
She was writing notes and silently mouthing each word for practicing her pronunciation. I looked back to Mrs. Tina, who doesn't seem to pay any attention to the class. So I tiptoed over to Sophie's desk, where she was writing some Spanish notes.
"Hey," I whispered.
She almost jumped out of her skin. She quickly turned to me, and looked startled. "Oh, hi, Beth."
She turned back to the whiteboard to quickly finish up her notes. Then she mouthed another word again so softly I can't even hear her.
"Do you like Spanish?" I asked as she started mouthing 'Thanks' in Spanish.
"I don't know," she said. "My uncle is Spanish. And maybe one day, he's going to invite me to go to Spain for a vacation. So I'm thinking of learning Spanish as soon as possible."
She tucked some hair behind her left ear as she fluttered her eyes because of her shyness. She turned bright red after that.
"No need to be shy, Sophie. That's great," I said, putting my hand on her shoulder. "Nobody here is paying attention anyway."
"Yeah," she chuckled.
Then I turned to the seat next to Sophie. A girl with pink and black hair was sitting on her chair, who was turned to another girl, talking with the other girl. I tapped on her shoulder and asked her, "Uh, excuse me.. Can I have this seat?"
She turned around quickly to see me. She shrugged casually as she said, "Sure, whatevs. I'll take the back seat."
I sat on the seat next to Sophie. She turned redder than before as she mouthed more words through her mouth.
"You must be really good," I said, looking at her notebook.
She kind of shook a little after hearing that. Then she shook her head and said softly, "No I'm not."
"But you almost remember every Spanish word by heart!"
"That doesn't make me good."
"Okay, what other subject are you good at?"
"Um, Math, Science, Biology, Geology, English and French. No Spanish."
"Isn't that all the subjects we learn here?"
She turned bright red as she flashed an innocent smile.
I chuckled at her. "Sophie," I said. "You shouldn't hide your intelligence and talent. You shouldn't even hide your beauty. You're so pretty, who wouldn't want to be with you?"
"Well, I do happen to comb my hair a few nights.."
"Alright. Hey, look, Mrs. Tina is finally done. I have to go back now, so bye!"
"Bye, Beth!"
I went back to my seat as Mrs. Tina slowly turned around to see all of us, sitting attentively in our seats. All of us has moved very quickly before she turned around.
"Okay," Mrs. Tina began. "I want someone to pronounce these words on the board. Soph-"
The bell rang just before she finished her sentence. Well, at least we were saved by the bell.
~
I was walking down the hall with Lucy, clutching a bunch of Science books near my chest. Then Lucy blinked twice and asked me slowly, "So... Are you nervous?"
I bit my lip and looked at her. She flashed me some puppy dog eyes, with a creepy smile. I sighed and said, "Yeah, I am."
"Well, you shouldn't."
"Why?"
"A Princess is never nervous, but never overconfident too. That's what Grandma Jenny said to me when I was 6."
I chuckled softly at her and said, "Haha, okay..."
Then soon, we saw Sophie, who has her head in her hands, swimming in a pool of tears. I froze right there to stare at her. What happened? Why is she crying?
I rushed over to Sophie. Lucy turned around to see me comforting Sophie, the person she doesn't know.
"Who's that?" Lucy asked.
"Not now, Lucy," I shushed her. "Sophie, omg, what happened?"
Sophie was sobbing so quietly I could barely hear her.
"L-l-l-Li-Lily!!!" She screamed.
Uh-oh.

Hi! How you like the story so far? Recently I've gone through some hard times in family, school and my health. I was sick and got the flu, throat pain, high fever and the cough. I didn't go to school for about 3 days, and I'm catching up with homework now. And I managed upload a chapter during it :D Thank you all for your love and support and I'll see you in the next chapter. Vote, follow, and comment your thoughts! :) -Tabi