CHAPTER 4

Chapter 4

A few days later and the Uchiha Family was taking the twins to a checkup. Hinata knew what this meant. It was very likely that Tsunade was probably going to try to do vaccinations. Thank goodness that the hospital had flood and fire insurance!

"Hinata, you might be worrying needlessly." Itachi smiles as he caresses her cheek and continue on their stroll to the hospital. "They haven't manifested those techniques since they were born."

The bluenette knew that her eldest husband suspected it was just a reflex. A one time thing until their chakra networks became more developed. Sasuke didn't seem to think so though.

The young mother suspected that had to do more with fatherly pride than any real biological or scientific reasoning. Itachi was certainly a proud father as well, but he was the one who had probably memorized every textbook about childhood development in the Leaf Village. Sasuke had memorized the basics.

Sasuke smirks. "I don't know. They did it before when they got shots." That was true! "And they're probably getting shots today." Unfortunately, that was also true.

"Oh don't sound so hopeful." Itachi chuckles as he pokes Sasuke's forehead. "Foolish little brother we don't want them to traumatize the poor medical staff."

The younger Uchiha grumbles at the forehead poke and Hinata giggles. It was always amusing to see her younger lover act like a child himself and even Itachi seemed to regress somewhat around his brother. They naturally fell into what she figured were their former childhood rolls. In some ways, it was almost like that horrible night had never happened.

Sasuke shrugs. "Well if it's Tsunade or Sakura, I think they can handle it." Accurate. "And Shizune did an admirable job coping with the shock." Yep! Hinata had been impressed about that!

Almost immediately after the twins were born, Shizune had been trying give them their vaccinations. Aiya had soaked her with water and Arashi had hit her with a smoky cloud of modest fire.

On the bright side, there was no mystery what either of their primary chakra types were. Arashi might look more Hyuga, but he certainly had the Uchiha Fire Genes in him. And Aiya, well Hinata loved water and could use water needles with ruthless efficiency, but she wasn't entirely sure how the Water Genes had expressed themselves so thoroughly.

"I suppose that's true." Itachi laughs as they head into the hospital, a few moments later.

She knew she shouldn't care about such things, but Hinata didn't necessarily know what Itachi's primary and secondary chakra types were. He was just ridiculously talented and could use lots of chakra natures.

So could Sasuke, but Sasuke's preference was obviously fire and lightning. The same was true of herself. So she had expected probably fire natures for any of their children or lightning. (And she had just assumed Itachi shared those traits). Now, she might have been wrong though.

Tsunade shakes her head as she approaches them. "Alright. Come with me." And with that, the busty woman leads them down the hallway and into an examination room.

It was possible Itachi might have a water nature as his secondary or even his primary type. Would that mean he had fathered both the twins? Perhaps, he had just fathered Aiya though. Then again, just because someone had the same chakra type as someone else, didn't necessarily mean that person was their parent. There were only so many types and he was at a minimum her biological uncle. So it would make sense for them to share a chakra nature.

Hinata smiles at this. Apparently, Tsunade knew better than to keep the Uchiha Papa Bears waiting. Not that Hinata had ever called either of her husband's that to their faces, but still. They were very much proud papas and having them wait in a Waiting Room wouldn't have been a good idea.