Chapter 2

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan walked hand in hand as Wei Ying took Lan Zhan to introduce him to everyone. He quickly woke everyone up. Wen Qing shouted at him the moment she woke up and only stopped after she came to know that Lan Zhan was the reason they had been woken up for. Wen Qing and others offered him to eat but he refused and asked them to go back to sleep as he himself felt very tired from the journey.

Lan Zhan woke up early in the morning,even the sun hadn't risen yet,while Wei Ying was fast asleep. He kissed his forehead gently not to wake him up. He wanted to wake up like that everyday, in warmth of his Wei Ying. He got up from the bed and started getting ready for the day ahead.

To great surprise, Wei Ying got up just after Lan Zhan left. He yawned. He had a plan in his mind since the arrival of his Lan Zhan, which he wanted to get working.

When Lan Zhan came back, he couldn't find Wei Ying. Thinking he might have gone to do daily chores, he sat on the ground and started meditating. Not much later, he was woken up by Wen Qing, who looked extremely worried.
"Master Wangji. We need your help. Please help us." She pleaded. Lan Zhan got worried thinking what might have happened in the early morning. However his expressions remained calm and indifferent.
"What is it?" He asked in a deep voice, sprouting only the words that were required, no more, no less.

"Wei Wuxian....He has gone mad." She said in a nervous tone. At once, Lan Wangji's expressions changed.
"What happened to him?" He asked quickly. He was worried a lot. Had resentful energy taken control over him? He was dead worried for him.
"He...he...he is....he is cooking."Wen Qing replied.

That surprised Lan Zhan. He was thinking that it was something to do with resentful energy and demonic cultivation but what in the world has cooking to do with Wei Ying getting mad.

"I don't understand you Miss Wen. Can you please explain?"
"All I can say is that his cooking is the end of the world. Last time he cooked, all of the people in Burial mounds weren't able to get up from bed for a whole week. Now, he is cooking again. He is not allowing anyone to come inside the kitchen and told me that he alone is gonna cook the food for all people. I tried to convince him not to but he won't listen to anyone. Please help us. He may listen to you." She pleaded again. Lan Zhan nodded and followed her to the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Wei Ying was busy cutting vegetables because he had to cook for all of them. But he was cooking specifically for Lan Zhan. He had planned that he will prepare breakfast for Lan Zhan on the first day. That's why he woke up early to go to nearby farmers to buy fresh vegetables in the early morning. He is sure that Lan Zhan would love it. He finished cutting the vegetables and started washing them. It was when he heard footsteps.

"I told you no one is allowed in until I finish cooking. Please go back." Wei Ying said without looking back. He then felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around angrily and was about to shout when he found it was Lan Zhan and behind him was Wen Qing.
"Good Morning Wei Ying." Lan Zhan wished him and smiled.
"Good Morning Lan Zhan. What are you doing here? Wen Qing brought you here?" He asked and Lan Zhan nodded.
"Wei Ying, let me help you. How will you cook for all of us?"
"No no no no no no no no no. It's your first day here. I want to cook something special for my lover."
"But how can I allow my lover to be tired in the early morning." Lan Zhan whispered while pulling Wei Ying close to him. Wen Qing stood there petrified from the sudden change of the atmosphere in the kitchen. The two of them didn't even realize she is still there.
"Oh! You care for me that much Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying said as he traced his fingers along Lan Zhan's face. Lan Zhan nodded and placed a kiss on Wei Ying's lips.

"Ahem...." Wen Qing cleared her throat in order to prove that she too existed in the kitchen and that her presence needs to be acknowledged. Wei Ying frowned at her, thinking how she just ruined their lovely moment.

"Wei Ying. If you want to cook, then just cook for me. I don't want anyone else to taste the food you cook." Lan Zhan said.
"Oh! So you are jealous hmm? OK if that's what you want." Lan Zhan was not actually jealous, he was protecting the people of Burial Mounds by sacrificing himself. Wen Qing looked at him pitifully. She thought in her mind,"Your sacrifice will be remembered Master Wangji. Thank you. Thank you a lot." Lan Zhan nodded to her as if he read her mind.

"Thank God." She said. She was thanking God because all the people are safe from Wei's food. She didn't knew how loudly she said. She didn't even realized it that Wei Ying heard it.
"Thanks for what?" Wei Ying asked with a frown on his face.
"I was thanking God for....sending master Wangji here." She quickly made up. Wei Ying eyed her with suspicion at first but then smiled looking at Lan Zhan.

"OK Lan Zhan, now please go outside or the surprise will be completely ruined. Go. Go. Go .Go." He pushed Lan Zhan out of the kitchen along with Wen Qing.

Wen Qing thanked Lan Wangji once again after they came out and he nodded and then went to their shared room.

After nearly an hour, Wei Ying arrived in the room jumping happily.

"Lan Zhan, who is it?" He said after covering Lan Zhan's eyes with his palms.
"Mmm..I don't know. Let me think...." Lan Zhan answered placing a finger on his chin, as if he was thinking, "....I think you are an intelligent and smart person and a little bit stupid too." Lan Zhan chuckled and Wei Ying frowned.
"I'm not." He replied angrily.
"Oh! So, you are not intelligent and smart?" Lan Zhan asked and internally smiled.
"No. I'm not stupid." Saying that he retracted his hands from his eyes and was about to leave when Lan Zhan held his hand and pulled him to his lap.

"I was just joking a little." Lan Zhan said hugging him tighter.
"What? Who? Who are you? What you did to my Lan Zhan? Where is he?" Wei Ying shot a number of questions at once that Lan Zhan was confused which to answer first.
"My Wei Ying. I'm trying to adapt to your ways. You are so playful so I'm also trying to be one." Lan then placed a kiss on Wei Ying's lips and hugged him. In a single moment Wei Ying forget his anger and then hugged his lover.
"OK Lan Zhan, now close your eyes. I will take you to the dining area to give you a surprise. Quickly, now close you eyes or we will be late, if we got late, then the food will get cold, if the food gets cold then it will not taste good, if it.."

"We should go." Lan Zhan said and Wei Ying took his hand in his as he directed him to dining area while Lan Zhan mentally prepared himself for what's gonna happen next.

I hope you like this chapter. Please do vote and comment. If you notice any grammatical or spelling mistakes, please tell me.