Chapter 7

The golden rays of sun crawled into their room. It seemed that Wei Wuxian's resolution to wake up early has ended with the end of Lan Zhan's first day at Burial Mounds. Therfore, he was still in his bed, unmoved by any noise or disturbance out of his room. Lan Zhan, however, woke up at the same time. He did his daily chores and meditation, but still his Wei Ying hasn't moved a single muscle while laying on the bed. In the end, he bathed him and dressed him and combed his hair while he was still asleep.

When Wei Ying woke up, he was surprised. For a moment he thought he had woken up in a parallel universe. He was already bathed and his clothes were already changed and even his hair were tied neatly in a ponytail. He yawned and got up from the bed.

He went to have some breakfast and found his Lan Zhan sitting with Xiao Xingchen and  from the look on their faces he judged they were talking about something serious. Song Lan was busy gossiping with Wen Ning. Wen Ning, who was usually out of words most of the time was talking non-stop. Wen Qing was smiling to herself hiding outside the wall of the dining area looking at her younger brother. And A Yuan was not to be found anywhere.

"Wen Qing, why are you spying on your brother?" Wei Ying nudged and asked her. Her smile turned into a shock and then into a frown and then back into a smile.

"It's not called spying. I'm just looking after my brother. He is naive. He had no friends in his childhood and he does not like to talk to strangers much. He hadn't smiled as much in his entire life as he smiled since he came." She then pointed towards Song Lan. Tears of joy came out of her eyes and she wiped them with her sleeve.

"Oh sorry sorry , I didn't mean to hurt you." Wei Wuxian apologized as he saw her crying. But then she laughed and smacked him lightly on the shoulder.

"Idiot. I'm not crying because of you. These are tears of joy. Now, go eat your breakfast or else it will get cold. Also, I'm a little busy today. A lot of guests are arriving." She said

Wei Ying raised his brow in surprise and asked,"Guests? Who?"

"A whole lot of them. You will know when they will arrive. Till then have your breakfast and after that dress up a little decently." She said and went to the kitchen.

Wei Ying then went to Lan Zhan and sat so close to him that even air couldn't pass through them. They were looking into each other's eyes, without uttering a single word and then out of sudden they kissed each other. Xingchen's jaw dropped and he made a shocked face.
(Xiao Xingchen's face right now)

"Close your mouth or a fly will get in

"Close your mouth or a fly will get in."
Wei Ying said and laughed.

Xingchen quickly adjusted his expressions to look like a decent person and not like a gasping ghost.

"So what were you two discussing?" Wei Ying asked stuffing food in his mouth.

"Wei Ying, we were discussing about the Jin sect. Their behavior recently with Wens was being criticized by lot of other sects. Hence, the sect leader of the Jin sect was dethroned and his son Jin Zixuan has taken up his role as a sect leader. The previous sect leader was also charged for prostitution services and harassing woman and is now sentenced life imprisonment." Lan Zhan told him everything in the least words he could and now it was Wei Ying's turn to gasp.