Chapter 9

Lan Xichen was waiting for Sect Leader Nie Mingjue at the entrance of the Burial Mounds. He had already sent for him early that morning. Unknown to anyone, he and clan leader have been in a relationship. Being clan leaders, they were usually busy in their clan matters and have pretty much less time left for each other. Their relationship has been through many turns. During the time when Wen clan was brought down, they were like the different sides of the coins. He had protected Jin Guangyao when Mingjue was about to kill him. This caused a bit of distance between two for some time. But as is the saying that ,"the people who truly love you will find one reason to stay close when they have hundred reasons to leave.", the two also found each other in no time.

As Lan Xichen was lost in his thoughts, someone tapped on his shoulders. He turned around to find his boyfriend standing there with a wide grin on his face. He remembered that when he first met clan leader, he had never seen him smiling much. Usually, during clan meetings, he wore a formal smile. But when he was with him, his smile would usually turn to a grin.

"Oh! Finally you came clan leader Nie. You know you have made me wait for a long time." Xichen complained.

"I'm sorry MY clan leader Lan. I have made you wait." Mingjue said making an apology face.

"Stop your acting. You know how bad your acting skills are. We must go to the clan meeting now. They have some important matter to discuss. Shall we move?" Xichen asked.

"We can. But I want a payment."

"Now you need money to put your feet forwards? What kind of joke is that?" Xichen said frustrated.

"No. Not money. A kiss. On Lips. From my lover." Mingjue said stepping closer.
Xichen's expressions changed suddenly. He also stepped closer. Their lips met. A wild ride of pleasure for them. They both didn't know for how long they kissed but when their lips parted, they both were panting as if they had worked out really hard.

"Now, we shall go."

"Greetings, Clan leader Nie. You are welcome to the clan meeting. We were waiting for you. Please be seated." Lan Qiren and others greeted Mingjue. Mingjue sat next to Xichen.

"Since, all have arrived, we should start the meeting." Jin Zixuan announced and everyone nodded.

"You all have been aware about the recent happenings in Jin clan. But my spies have given me a new piece of information. Someone from Jin clan is planning to take over the throne of Jin empire.

Su She, clan leader of an emerging clan is involved in this matter. But he is just a pawn. The mastermind is someone else. He or she hasn't shown face yet.

Xue Yang, who was formerly working for Wen clan has brought this information. He was contacted by Su She to find the pieces of Yin iron or what now became of it, the Stygian tiger amulet. He said he had conversed to the mastermind several times at Jin Castle, but the person hasn't revealed his or identity yet. The person comes in different get ups and is expert in changing voice. That's all the information we have until now."

"So, this person is a Jin according to your theory or if not a Jin, it atleast live in the palace. Su She is linked to that person somehow. Understood. But why is Xue Yang helping us? As far as my memory goes, he had killed a whole clan and I think you should not put your trust in such person." Jiang Cheng said.

"But Xue Yang has changed. He declined the offer but I forced him to accept the offer, so that we could know who the traitor is." Xingchen said with a clear blush on his face.

"Yes, master Xingchen has somehow managed to change him. Xue Yang has been helping me to spy on that person. But I think all the clans should put their little efforts in this matter. I think this matter is not just concerned to Jin clan only. The person wants Stygian tiger amulet which was made from Yin iron. You know how dangerous this could be if that person got hold on it." Jin Zixuan explained.

"Don't worry clan leader. We all are with you. We would think of a plan to reveal the person's identity before the person gets hold of the Stygian Tiger amulet." Lan Xichen said and smiled. Everyone nodded. The meeting went on for few more hours as they went on discussing possible culprits and plans to reveal the identity of the mastermind.

                       ★★★★★★
Hello! How are you guys? I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I know it's a short one and there's no wangxian in this chapter. But I have to explore other sides of my plot too so I had to put my focus away from Wangxian for some time. But other updates will be full of Wangxian and fluff. So, wait for them a little bit. I also hope that you like Mingjue and Xichen pairing.

Thanks to those who have voted and commented on previous chapter and have made it possible for this stupid story to reach 600+ reads

Thanks to those who have voted and commented on previous chapter and have made it possible for this stupid story to reach 600+ reads. Thank you guys so much.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for BL dramas, leave them in the comments

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for BL dramas, leave them in the comments. I have already watched 2gether, Oxygen, A tale of thousand stars, Manner of Death (I literally loved this one) and History 3. Except for these, you can give me any other recs.