chapter three

The next day, I went back to the shop. Earlier this time, since I wasn't sure what shift she would be working, I stayed there till closing time once again, but no Jennie.

So I did the same thing the next day, and the next, but not one fucking sign of her. I was seriously beginning to lose hope, until Tuesday.

I had been scoping the entrance out since morning in the parking lot once again, it was beginning to get a little dark and my body was getting stiff, so I stepped outside and walked up the main road, it was usually busy, but at this time it was getting a little quieter.

I walked for about a minute until I headed back.

And that's when I saw her.

Jennie.

Finally.

Fucking finally.

Go get her.

I was far away enough for her to not notice me, thankfully. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw her. She walked straight through the automatic doors of the store.

That's when I sped walk over and was just about to head inside before I stopped.

No. I couldn't just walk in. That wasn't smart.

I had to wait. If I walked in now, what would I do for the rest of the night?

No, I would go in closer to closing time, buy a bunch of stuff I didn't need and then I would take it from there.

This was going to be the hard bit though, sitting in my car doing nothing, knowing Jennie is only a few steps away from me.

I would do it though. I had to be smart and patient if I wanted this to go smoothly.

If something went wrong, I would probably have to kill her, and I really did not want to do that. I had to keep her alive, and I had to maintain her innocence.

So I waited. It felt like forever, but I did it.

Twenty minutes before closing time, there was no one else in the store apart from Jennie, another worker and the security guard.

I looked at her as I went in, she was behind the till, on her phone, so she didn't see me. God, she looked even better than I remembered.

I grabbed a basket and went down the first aisle, the fridge aisle, I didn't have a clear view of her from here, so I grabbed a few things then moved on to the next.

The bakery aisle. I needed some more bread anyway. From here, I had a clear view of her. I kept glancing at her, but facing the products to not make it obvious, she was still on her phone.

I wonder what she was doing on it. Oh, how incredible it would be if I had her phone. When the time was right, I would go through it.

On to the next aisle. I could still see her pretty face from here, but from a side angle. That's fine, every angle of hers is perfect. I could stare at her all day.

Ten minutes till closing time, on to the last aisle. I didn't need anything from here, so I took the chance to stand at the end of it pretending to look at the magazines whilst actually staring at her. Only for a minute though. I could not, by any means, make it obvious.

And then it was time to pay. Yes! Finally, the moment I have been waiting for since the first night I met her, to be standing in front of her once again.

I approached her with my basket slowly. I didn't want to rush any of these precious moments.

Seeing me approach, she smiled at me. A beautiful smile, closed mouth, but perfect either way. I returned my own, then placed my basket in front of her, and she started scanning.