(3) Werewolf

Stiles, Alex and Scott were walking through the woods, looking for Scott's inhaler and the other half of the body, since he told them he dropped it when he saw the body and the deer.

"I don't know what it was." Scott said as they came to a river. "It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball.

"I knew I didn't bring the right shoes for this." Alex mumbled to herself as she stepped into the river behind Scott.

Alex felt herself slipping on a rock, but before she hit the water Stiles caught her, and helped her stand up straight again.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah thanks." She answered with a grateful smile and he smiled back at her.

Scott hadn't noticed so he continued talking about the tryouts.

"And that's not the only weird thing. I can hear stuff, I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." He continued.

"Smell things?" Stiles asked.
"Like what?" Alex asked.

"Like Mint Mojito gum in your pocket." Scott said to Stiles.

"I don't even have any Mint Mojito.." Stiles started as he dug into his pocket only to find the exact gum Scott was talking about.

Alex furrowed her eyes. Sounds of a wolf howling, Scott thinking he's been bitten by one. Maybe he thinks he's a werewolf and his mind is tricking him.

Stiles looked at Scott with uncertainty before the trio kept walking.

"So all this started with the bite." Stiles said.

"What if it's like an infection, like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?" Scott said. He seems worried.

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this." Stiles said. Alex knew where he was going with this.

"Yeah, it's a specific kind of infection." Alex continued. Scott stopped and turned around to look at them.

"Are you serious?" He said.

"Yeah." Stiles said. "I think it's called lycanthropy."

"What's that? Is that bad?" Scott asked. Alex had to stop herself from chuckling.

"Oh yeah, it's the worst." Stiles said.
"But only once a month." Alex continued.

"Once a month?" Scott was confused.
"Mhm." Alex answered.

"On the night of the full moon." Alex said. Stiles howled like a wolf after that comment as Scott hit him in the chest.

Stiles stumbled a little while chuckling along with Alex.

"H-hey, you're the one who heard a wolf howling." Stiles chucklef while continuing to walk.

"Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me." Scott said.

"I know! You're a werewolf!" Stiles said as he growled.

Alex thought he was dragging it kind of far so she put her hand on his shoulder shaking her head to tell him that it was enough.

"Okay, obviously I'm kidding." He told Scott. "But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's cause Friday's a full moon."

"Okay first of all, how do you know when the full moon is, and second of all shouldn't we be trying to figure out what's actually wrong with him?" Alex said.

"Meh, he'll be fine." Stiles said. "What?" Stiles asked after receiving a look from Alex.

"No, I could have sworn this was it." Scott said as the trio stopped. "I saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler." Scott bent down to the ground to start looking for his inhaler.