(9) The Video

"Oh come on, they have got to have Harry Potter here." Alex mumbled to herself as she walked around the movie store.

"Can someone help me find the notebook?" A familiar voice called out.

Alex looked around the corner and saw Jackson checking out the movies.

"Lydia wants to watch the notebook again?" Alex asked as she walked over to him.

"Oh, yeah, even though we've watched it like a million times before." Jackson answered.

"I think I saw it over there." Alex pointed in one direction. "I can show you if you want?"

Jackson only nodded as they started walking.

They both stopped as soon as they saw a pair of feet laying on the ground.

They shared a nervous look as they stepped closer and closer until they reached the body laying on the ground.

It was a young adult worker. His throat was cut open. Alex had an idea of what had happened here. It must've been the Alpha.

She gulped as Jackson suddenly fell and electricity went all over the place for a little while as a part of the ceiling fell down on top of her.

Jackson helped get the part of the ceiling off of her before standing up.

The lights flickered from normal to red until they finally gave out. They slowly turned around as they heard a low growling from the other side of the room.

When they turned around, they were met with glowing red eyes on a monstrous face looking back at them for a second before disappearing.

They both gulped before they hid behind in one isle each. They looked at each other before Jackson suddenly looked beyond the shelves.

Alex was trying to control her breathing so she wouldn't let the Alpha hear her, even though she knew he did anyways.

Suddenly the Alpha pushed the shelves over so they landed on top of Jackson. Alex tried her best not to gasp or start crying.

Suddenly she felt the shelf she was leaning on topple over her and she tried to get out before it hit her, and she did but her legs were stuck.

Alex saw the Alpha graze his claws over Jackson's neck before the werewolf disappeared.

She heard a scream as the werewolf burst out the window.

§{~}§

Alex was sitting in an ambulance. Lydia and Jackson sat in the other one.

A paramedic was checking Alex out and she was completely fine except for some bruises on her legs.

She saw the sheriff's car pull up and the sheriff stepped out. First the sheriff stepped up to Jackson and Lydia and Alex heard the conversation.

"Why the hell can't I just go home? I'm fine." Jackson demanded to know.

"I hear ya, but the EMT says you hit your head pretty hard. They just wanna make sure you don't have a concussion." The sheriff explained.

"What part of 'I'm fine' are you having a problem grasping?" Jackson questioned. "Okay, I wanna go home."

"And I understand that." The sheriff said trying to calm him down.

"No, you don't understand, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum-wage rent-a-cop like you!" Jackson sort of scolded. "Okay, now, I wanna go home!"