Chapter 3: Best friends

RYOUATA'S POV

"Mizu's parents... Did you inform them already?" I asked Ren. "U-uh.. I-I haven't informed them.." he said.

What the heck? Huh. But, this is strange. Why is Mizu not yet waking up? It's friday and it would be 2 weeks already!?

Just what is happening here?

"Calm down. Get a grip already. Sometimes when a person is in a coma, they don't wake up. Or sometimes it's months or years to wake up." A voice of a girl whispered.

"Who's there?!" I shouted but when I turned my back there's no one there.

"What's wrong Ryouta?" Leona asked.

"A-ah, nanimonai" I said. (Nanimonai: Nevermind/ Nothing)

What's up with that girl? I definitely heard a voice.. Whatever. Mysteries are just too annoying!

"U-uhm.. Would you like me to buy some drinks or s-snacks?" Sera shyly asked.

"Then, one orange juice for me" I said and smiled at her but it made her blush.

"Then, me too Sera" Ren and Leo said. "H-hai." Sera said.

"Ne, Sera, I'll help you! It's heavy you know?" Leo said and grabbed Sera's hand. (Ne: Hey)

They went out. Me and Ren are the only one here staying with Mizu. Her room is private so close friends family members can visit anytime.

"Ne, Ren. Did you-" I didn't continue because I saw him sleeping quietly. I bet he's just tired.

LEONA'S POV

"Leo, you are the first girl best friend of Mizuku before me right? Since I entered your school when we were in second year." Sera asked.

"Yep. I was her first girl best friend because she's always with Ren" I said while taking my money out of my purse.

"How did you meet her, Leo?" She asked curiously. "Do you wanna know Sera?" I asked and she just nodded.

*FLASHBACK*

"Uh, oh. I'm gonna be dead late again!!!" I shouted while running because I hate sensei. She's always telling me the same words when I'm late.

She nags too much. She's not even my mother.

It's annoying. "Nandakuree?! One minute left?! And the school's still far away!" I shouted while running. (Nandakure: What the heck)

*beep! beep!*

Huh. I a-almost d-d-died. "Gomene! I'm gonna be late, that's why my otou-sama sped up" wow, she's so pretty. (Gomene/ Gomenasay: I'm sorry/ Sorry)

"A-ah.. It's okay. Hwooo! I'm gonna be late again!!" I shouted and started running again.

I knocked and opened the door. "O hayo gozaimas, sens-"

"100th violation of being late Leo-chan! How many times do I have to tell you to sleep early (sleep early), to set your alarm (to set your alarm) and to tuck in your shirt! (And to tuck in your shirt!).

"Are you copying me Leo-chan?" Sensei asked. "Iya. Nope sensei ahehe" I said, pretending to be innocent and sat down on my chair.

The door opened. "O hayo gozaimas sen-" the pretty girl?

"Mizuku-chan!! 50th violation of being late!" Sensei shouted. "Hontoni gomenasay sensei" she said then sat down. (Hontoni gomenasay sensei: I'm really sorry teacher)

Sensei sighed in frustration before continuing the lesson.

-Timeskip-

"Uhm.." the pretty girl called. "H-hai?" I looked at her nervously.

"Gomenasay." She said with her pretty eyes shining. "U-uh.. It's okay. Uhm.. My name is Leona. What is your name?" I said.

"Uh.. Mizuku..." she said then she ran away. "Ah! Wait! Mizuku!" I said but she's really fast.

"Mizuku. What a pretty name" I whispered and went home.

I went to school with my 101th violation of being late. I never saw Mizuku.

The day after that. And the day after that Mizuku never showed.

It's already one week and she's not showing up so I asked sensei.

"Sensei. Did something happen to Mizuku?" I asked. "Yeah. Her parents said her fever is not going down" sensei said.

"Ahm.. Sensei do you know where her house is?" I asked and sensei gave me an address written on a paper. "A-arigatou gozaimas" i said then i went home to change.

Timeskip

"Wooow, a mansion?!!"  O.O i'm amazed..

*DING DONG!*

The gate opened and i saw lots of maid. "Welcome to Kazuha residence, madam. May we help you?" the maids asked.

"U-uhm... I would like to visit Mizuku.." i said shyly and the maids guided me to a large room. Just like a room for a princess.

"*cough* Who's there? *cough*" Mizuku asked.

"Hime-sama, a friend of yours" Hime-sama? A princess?!

"*cough* Ahh.. let her sit near me. And.. *cough* leave us alone.."

"I understand, hime-sama" the maid said.

"Mizuku.. U-uhm..."

"What is it *cough* Leo-chan?"

"U-uhm... I just came to visit.. U-uhm.. Are you okay?"

"Ah.. *cough* Arigatou.. *You are the first person to visit me.." she said while coughing.

"Don't you have any friends?" i asked her. "There is one...A boy.." she said. "Is he visiting you?" i asked. "No... He doesn't because his house is far from here" she sadly replied.

"Ah! Gomene" i said but she just nodded and smiled at me. Of course i know, it's a fake smile. "I'm willing to be your friend Mizuku" my mouth suddenly said that. "A-arigatou... *cough* that made me happy.." she said.

She held my hand, tightly.

"Don't ever leave me...*cough* Leo-chan" She said while crying. "Of course!" i said and hugged her.

Woah, her temperature is really hot. I touched her forehead. She fainted. "Maid-san! Mizuku is! Mizuku fainted!" i shouted and the maids went in.

"Hime-sama!" they shouted and suddenly, Mizuku opened her eyes. "I'm okay.. *cough* Just let me sleep..." she said.

"H-hai, hime-sama!" the maids said and went out. "I'll stay here, Mizuku. I'll take care of you, as your friend. I'm willing to protect, accept, comfort and most of all to love you" i said and fixed her blanket.

"Oyasumi, Mizuku." i said then i also slept.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"That's how it is, Sera" I sighed before looking at Sera.

I saw Sera crying. "W-what's wrong Sera?" I asked her, worried.

"I'm crying because of that story!.." she said and i laughed at her.

"Silly girl" i mumbled and we went back to Mizuku's room.

TO BE CONTINUED...