☁️] reasons.

A/n: I just shat 500 words in 20 minutes so it's really bad and short ;-; I totally forgot I had to write this so I did it last minute haha (・     ・  ) Anyways I hope this doesn't suck too much, enjoy if that's possible ._.

One day, though it really wasn't unique, Kaoru showed up at Kojiro's restaurant. He knocked on the door, twice quickly and once a few seconds later. After hearing the signal, the latter opened the door. It was like a ritual.

It was hard to comprehend the events which followed, but to them it only felt normal. Call it natural attraction if you please: their bodies slowly but steadily reached for the other. They got close enough for their hands to run through each other's hair. It may have seemed forced when really it was just them. The real them. The same them as the ones who knew the exact spots that would leave the other feeling safe and secure for a while. They took care of each other in a way.

No questions were asked. They knew every move that they needed to make, as if it were a choreography that they had learnt every step of. As one slid his hands down the other's back, their bodies slowly but steadily became even closer, letting every piece of them enjoy the warmth and comfort that the other brought. A dance of love, trust and most importantly one of hope. The way their fingers interlaced as if looking for a light, or how they always met at the end of the day, trying so desperately to escape their boring lives.

They were each other's escape. They were each other's yellow. They were what made the sun shine, the clouds disappeared, the earth spin and the wind blow. They were all, to each other at the very least. They were love, they were hate, they were beauty and ugliness, they were ups and down, but more than all they were there. Always. Some days, life got exhausting. And on these days they supported each other more than ever. When they wondered what they would do if the other was gone, they were reminded that they'd always stay with each other. They promised that they wouldn't leave the other's side, and they kept true to their promise for a long time.

The day on which they made that promise, they were just kids. At the age of fourteen, they were already practically already in love. They spent their lunchtimes together, kept exchanging shy gazes but they just couldn't seem to admit how they felt.

When they finally did, they were in high school. It was winter and they were alone. It went better than expected and ended up with the two of them holding hands through their gloves and sharing a hot chocolate. Their love had seemed to only grow stronger ever since, spiralling into deep passion and pure affection. And though sometimes they fought, sometimes they hated and sometimes they lost, most of the time they were each other's favorite person. They were the reason why the other smiled, loved and won every day, they were the reason why the other lived. They were the reason for so many things, they were maybe even the reason for each other in general.

Which was why, on that day, Kaoru showed up at Kojiro's restaurant.