☁️] butterfly effect. (2/2)

A/n: second part of Cori_Ann_W123's idea! Enjoy <3

When he opened his eyes again, Kojro saw clouds above his head. It was evening and the air was heavy, as if carrying a storm in it's arms. It didn't take long for him to remember exactly what was happening. He remembered every detail of the scene that was gonna play out before his eyes if he didn't do anything to change it. But he was, so what could possibly go wrong? He spotted a green haired man, him, from three years in the past. His hair was shorter, the lines on his face more tired. It didn't take him long to advance towards... well... him. He knew he had to make what he was going to say short, but he also had to make it effective, or it wouldn't work. And it needed to work.

He cleared his throat as he reached his younger self. "Hey there... I don't have much time but you shouldn't fight with your friend." He said, though it almost sounded like a question. 'Crap, I messed it up. Good job, Kojiro.' He thought after his disastrous attempt at sounding natural. Anyways, whoever would sound natural when talking to themselves from the past?

"So I have two questions. One: who on earth are you? And the second one: how the hell do you know me?" The younger Kojro displayed an expression of disgust, for reasons that his present self just couldn't quite understand.

"I don't have much time, but I'm you. I know how stupid it sounds, but that should answer both of your questions. Anyways, you really don't want to mess things up with Kaoru. Don't make the same mistake as I made ok? I'm here to fix it for a reason, so please don't fuck up." Present Kojiro answered quite seriously.

His younger self raised an eyebrow, as if to say what the hell man? What kind of illegal substances are you taking? I definitely want some of that. But he agreed nonetheless. "Well, bye then. I hope I didn't waste too much of your precious little time." He waved, walking away.

The older Kojiro sighed. He didn't know whether it was in relief or distress, but at least he had done it. As curious as he was, especially when the silhouette of a certain pink haired boy appeared, he fought back his urges to learn more and said the string of words that would let him regain his original time.

I solemnly swear that the change that I have made was only for the good.

Then the earth spun again, everything mixed up in a blur. A wave of warmth crashed over Kojiro's body and everything went black.

His eyes opened once again, blinded by morning lights. His head hurt, but it faded a little more with every deep breath he took. His eyes got used to the light at about the same time as his headache disappeared. And saying that was he saw was surprising would have been an understatement. He closed and opened his eyes a few times, not daring to believe what he was seeing. His best friend's asleep face seemed so peaceful before his eyes, it was almost idyllic.

"Kaoru?" Kojiro murmured, his eyes wide open, taking in as much of the view as he possibly could.

The pink haired man opened his eyes and yawned lazily, a smile on his face. "Hey there gorilla." The smile on Kaoru's face widened as his hand reached towards Kojro's forest coloured hair. He pulled the other man's head closer to his own so that their lips touched for an instant. "You look lovely today." The honey eyed man complimented, breaking the kiss.

Kojiro was petrified. He couldn't even begin to understand what was happening. When he was about to ask, intense scenes flashed through his mind.

'I hope we can stay friends forever. You're so dear to me.'

'I feel like I need you more and more with every passing day. Please stay by my side.'

'I don't know what I'd do without you.'

'I'm in love with you, Kojro.'

It hit him like a train. The realisation was just so intense, he couldn't bear it. He felt so overwhelmed, although not in a negative way, and he didn't really know how to react. So he just held the other in his arms, still processing the information that had been provided to him a few seconds ago.

"What's with that all of a sudden?" Kaoru chuckled, leaning into the hug and passing his fingers through Kojiro's green hair.

"I guess I just realised how much I loved you." The violet eyed man said. Although Kaoru laughed at his words, Kojiro really meant it. He never thought that such a situation would be his reality, but now that it was the case, he couldn't have wanted anything else.