prt thirty three

Caleb's Point Of View

Two Days After Lana's Funeral.
I was on my way to my college application interview and as I drove, my phone suddenly rang and it was non other then my little best friend, Kyle Sighcaster. "What up Kyle?" I greeted him and the thing he said did not really some very good. "Caleb, can you please come over something has happened?!" I heard Kyle yelling over the phone.

"Kyle, calm down and tell me what happened" I said calmly, and pulled my car off the road.

"I don't know, Jordan's locked in his room and there's weird coming from it, I looked through his window and saw him laying on the floor, barfing" he yelled, sounding as if he was scared and crying. When u heard that something's wrong with Jordan, my heart skipped multiple beats  and I went in shock. Even though I knew that my parents would be pissed at me for doing it, but I turned my car around with full speed and sped off to Jordan's house. When I finally arrived, I found Kyle crying on the porch. I climbed out of my car and ran inside. He followed me behind and when I came insight of Jordan's room's door, I remembered that Kyle said that the door was locked. So, I ran full speed towards it and broke it open. When the door was finally open, Jordan was laying next to his bed, faced up and had some dried up vomit from his mouth down to his chest. Kyle joined me inside and started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Will he be okay?" he sobbed

"Hey, don't worry, he's absolutely fine" I tried to comfort him with a quick back rub and a hug, "Now, what I need you to get for me is a towel" and then he left. I picked him up bridal style and carefully carried him downstairs.i wouldn't say that I was brace them at day, because my chest was burning up; my throat was blocked up by the lump from seeing Jordan like that. But, since their dad; stepmother of brother wasn't there, I was the eldest and had to act strong for Kyle's sake.

"Have you called your dad get?" I asked as I put Jordan in the backseat.

"Yes, but he didn't answer, neither did Cynthia and Jacob" he sobbed, and climbed into the passenger seat.

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to try again"

A Half Hour Later

As we sat in the waiting room, Kyle was watching YouTube on my phone and sometimes show comedy shows on Netflix. It was my idea of taking most of his attention away from Jordan's situation. As we sat there, the doctor finally came outside to give us an update on Jordan situation. "Good evening sir, are you the family of Mr Jordan Sighcaster?" he asked

"Uh, yes he's my boyfriend, and this is his little brother" I told him, "I have no idea where his parents are but we left them a few messages" I told him.

"Okay, Jordan had an overdose of ecstasy and the amount that he has taken in, was really life threatening but, since you brought in before it spread out in his entire blood stream, we managed to get it under control and clear it all out, so he's safe, we just have to have to wait for him to wake up" he said "And it also seem like he hasn't been eating for quite a while,

"Thank God" I sighed of relief, and wiped the sweat off my forehead, "Can we see him?"

"It's pretty late, and pass visiting hours, but you can see him" he said as he opened the door for us. I took Kyle by his hand and we entered Jordan's room. When I laid my eyes on Jordan, another lump grew in my throat, along a heavy amount of sadness. We both sneaked up to the bed and stared at him, with tears glazing up our eyes.

"He's okay Kyle, you understand me?" I asked Kyle, when I felt him hiding his face under my arm, against my side, underneath my ribcage. He was sobbing so much that no words could escape his quivering mouth, so he nodded. "He'll be fine" I added as I slowly interlocked my fingers with Jordan's as his hand rested on the on the edge of the bed.

"Can we sit?" I suddenly heard Kyle say.

"Sure, you can take a seat" I told him, "And if you're cold, you can wear my jacket" I added as I took my jacket off, then threw it over his lap, then handed him my phone again.

"Thank you" he said, "You know, now I finally understand why Jordan is interested in you. You'll be the coolest brother in-law ever when you two get married"

"Thanks" I chuckled, slightly blushing and sat down next to him on the little sofa. He then laid his head down on my lap and started watching Happy Feet on Netflix and with a night filled with soft laughter and a bit of sadness, we finally dosed off and fell asleep.