prt thirty five

Jordan's Point of View

A few days has passed and the night of prom was already here. At the time, I was staring at my reflection, adjusting a few thing to my hair and repeatedly pulling my jacket straight. From downstairs, I suddenly heard my dad said that they're waiting for me to come down so, I quickly texted Caleb that I was on my way and went downstairs. "Awe, he looks beautiful" Cynthia said as I walked down the staircase.

"Thank you" I said and went standing in front of them.

"You look dashing big brother" Kyle chuckled and took a photo with his cellphone and Jacob agreed.

"Thank you" and right there, in the corner of my eye, I saw a tear escaping my dad eye and he quickly it wiped. "Awe dad, please don't cry" I said and embraced him with a hug.

"I'm not crying, I'm just really proud of you"   he mumbled over my shoulder and invited the rest of our family to join in on the hug. After a few seconds, I heard the doorbell going off, and Kyle ran to open the door. As it was opened, I stepped closer and.... there was Caleb, wearing a tight black suit; a white Armani shirt and a black tie and carried a red rose.

"Hey JJ" he greeted me first and entered our house when I opened the door wider for him to enter, "Mr Sighcaster; Ms Bailey; Kyle and Jacob" he greeted them too and they greeted him back.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked

"Yes, le'go" I grabbed his hand and climbed into the Mercedes G-Class that he recently got from his dad as a graduation gift. On our way to school, he put his hands in mine and kissed mine the whole way. But as aesthetic and unique he was, he made a quick stop at Starbucks and bought two ice coffees. Then, we continued our drive to school. When we finally arrived, it was dark already and since the theme of the night was Hollywood based, a huge 'paparazzi' was waiting for us to arrive and taking pictures of everyone who walked passed. Before Caleb climbed out of the car, he told me wait a second and so, I did. He quickly dashed around the car and came opening my door. "So corny" I shook my head as I chuckled. After posing for a couple of pics, we stepped inside and then Caleb suddenly lifted his arm and everyone started cheering, our names, on top of their lungs.

"Oh my soul" I blushed

"Hey handsome" Morgan said as she handed a glass of punch over to me.

"Thank you"

"Damn, you look dashing mister" said Jared as he approached us.

"Babe, I'm gonna go get myself a drink and go to my friends, I'll see you in a few" was Caleb's words before he left. Then right there, my friends dragged me to the dance floor and started swaying me around, begging me to dance with them. I did though. None of us could dance so, if I embarrassed myself, I wouldn't get small the focus. After a half of dancing with Morgan, I went to the punch bar and across the room, I saw Caleb grabbing someone by his collar and dragging him outside. I found the whole situation weird, so I followed him outside. When I got to him, he saw him punishing the shit if of Dillon.

"Caleb, what are you doing?"

"Babe, go back inside. I'm just having a little talk with Dillon" he sent me off but I didn't cooperate.

"No, tell me what's going on"

"He asked if you shouldn't be dead right now...after the overdose" he stuttered

"Just leave him alone" I said, grabbing onto his arm and pulling him away, "And you Dillon, the fact that you're making fun of me, while I was at the lowest point in my life really makes you a fucking cunt and selfish" I quickly said and went back inside. When we returned to the dance floor, a slow song started playing and so, we embraced each other and slowly started dancing. "JJ, you know I love you right?" Caleb asked me

"I hope so"

"I do. From our first meeting in middle school, I promised myself that one day, I'll marry that kid. I always wanted to spend my life with you, but since my dad wasn't much a fan when it comes to homosexual stuff, I used Maddie to blind him a little bit and hide my true sexuality, but when I told them about you, they loved you and supported my relationship" he then let go off me and kneeled down on one knee.

"No" I whispered

"Jordan Sighcaster, do you promise to be mine?" He asked with teary eyes

"Yes" he then slid the promise ring onto my pinky finger and placed a kiss on my lips.