*Chapter 29: Pain-ic

TW: Miscarriage, blood

Also SMUT warning

RING RING RING.

I hear my phone going off, waking me from my drowsy sleep.

My legs feel sore from last night and my cheeks flush as I remember the dirty things Tom whispered in my ear as he fucked me in the shower.

I groan and turn over, hoping whoever is calling will get the hint.

They don't.

I heave myself out of bed to grab my phone, and Tom turns over to me.

"What is it?" He mumbles sleepily and I wave him off.

I hit answer without checking the caller ID and hold my phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

On the other side of the phone is a frantic Aldridge.

"Val, I need help," He panics into the phone. The first red flag was him calling me by my first name. Dread settles in my stomach.

"Of course. What happened?"

"It's Amaya, I don't know what's happening. She woke up with really bad back pain but figured she had just overworked herself. Then she collapsed in the shower and when I rushed to help her she was covered in blood and was screaming in pain, I have no idea what's going on, I'm so scared, I can't lose her," He cries into the phone.

I feel panic rising in me, like lava spreading through my veins. But I have to stay calm. For Aldridge's sake.

"Okay okay first, get her to a hospital immediately," I instruct him and I hear some suffling, then a car door being slammed and an engine starting. "Tell us what hospital it is, Tom and I will be right there. Hang on tight,"

"Can you- can you please stay on the line with me? I can't do this alone," My heart breaks for him.

"Of course, but focus on driving,"

It's a terse 7 minutes while he drives and in the meantime I wake Tom up and notify him of what's happened. He bolts upright and starts throwing on clothes, me doing the same.

"Okay, we're at Kindred hospital, they just took her away,"

"We're on our way," I notify him as we step into the car, and Benedict speeds off. I shoot Charles a quick text to let him know what's going on.

We arrive at the hospital and Aldridge practically runs over to us and engulfs me in a hug, hanging on for dear life.

I immediately wrap my arms around him as I feel him sob into my shoulder, his arms shaking.

"I- I don't know what t-to do, I f-f-feel so helpless," He chokes out as his shoulders heave with sobs.

"Shhh, it's okay, it's okay, she's in good hands I promise," I rub his shoulder, attempting to soothe him.

He eventually calms down and we move to the waiting area. Tom and I sit down but Aldridge spends at least 20 minutes pacing back and forth before collapsing into a chair next to me.

An hour later a doctor steps out from behind the white doors with a clipboard in his hand. I feel a sense of deja vu. The waiting around to be called.

"Aldridge Ashford?" He calls out and Aldridge shoots up, making his way to the doctor.

"What happened? Is she okay? Where is she? Can I see her?" He rapid fires questions.

"Sir, please calm down," The doctor starts.