Chapter 5

♠♠♠

♠♠♠

Students were crowded together in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom as Professor Lupin paces around them, Y/N, Harry, Ron and Lizzy stood together in front of the crowd of the students. They all had their eyes glued to the wardrobe in front of them as it rattles violently.

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Professor Lupin asked as he paced around the back of the students to the front, "That's a boggart, sir." Seamus told in a hushed tone.

Professor Lupin was now standing in front of the crowd of students, his arms behind his back, "Very good, Mr. Finnegan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?" he asked.

"No one knows." A familiar voice answered, Ron jumped as he looked over his shoulder beside him, "When did she get here?" Ron squealed in a whispered tone, Harry shrugged as he looked at the bushy-haired girl.

The Ravenclaw glanced over at the bushy-haired girl and quickly turned back to Professor Lupin, she remembered what had happened at the Forbidden Forest, neither of them had talked ever since. The Ravenclaw felt slightly guilty but she knew it wasn't entirely her fault and wasn't planning on apologizing any time soon.

Hermione eyes glued to Professor Lupin, "Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so-"

"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it shall we? Without wands please." Professor Lupin told, the students nodded in response. "Now, repeat after me, Riddikulus." he continued.

"Riddikulus!" the students repeated. "Very good. Now a little bit louder, after me. Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin repeated. "Riddikulus!" the students followed in a louder tone.

Professor Lupin nodded his head, "Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is...laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing." he told as he eyed the crowd of students.

"Neville, come up here, will you?" he requested as he signaled the boy to come up front. Neville eyes widened as he nervously looked around the crowd of students. "Don't be shy, come on." Professor Lupin encouraged. Neville hesitantly stepped forward as he nervously stood in front of Professor Lupin.

"Now, what frightens you most of all?" Professor Lupin questioned. "Profts snafts" he mumbled nervously under his breath. "Sorry?" Professor Lupin asked, "Professor Snape." Neville spoke up.

Professor Lupin chuckled as laughs emerged from the crowd of students, "Hmm.. yes Professor Snape." he mumbled, "And I believe you live with your grandmother?" he asked."Y-yes, but I don't want the boggart to turn into her either." he stuttered nervously as the students let out a small laugh.

Professor Lupin chuckled softly with a shake of his head, "It won't." he reassured. "I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?" he questioned.