chapter twenty four

"Hello?" Cree said into the phone as he drove back home. He was just leaving Jorge's house. "Hey baby I have a question." Seven said. "Yeah what's up?" He asked. "Who's Bianca?" She asked. He paused. "What?" He said. "I said who is Bianca?" Seven repeated. "Somebody from my past that's irrelevant now. Why you asking me about that?" Cree asked. "Are you on the way back home?" Seven asked. "Yeah i'm finna be pulling up now why?" Cree said. "There's someone here waiting for you." Seven said. "Who? I know damn well it ain't Bianca." Cree said. "No it's not her but- Just hurry up." Seven said before hanging up the phone. She picked the baby back up out of the car seat and started holding her. "Creation is about to flip." She said as she examined the face.

A few minutes passed and she heard Cree coming through the front door. "I'm in the room." Seven yelled out into the hall. He followed her voice and entered his bedroom. When he seen her holding a baby he raised his eyebrows. "Who baby that is?" Cree asked walking towards her. "Um. I think it's yours." Seven said. He paused. "What?" Was all he managed to say. "Look." Seven said handing him a big envelope. "I was going outside to sit and get some fresh air for a minute but as soon as I opened the door I seen a car seat on the porch. Once I realized it was a actual baby inside I ran to pick her up and found this envelope sitting next to her. There was a letter inside. I didn't wanna read all of it without you but I saw it was from somebody named Bianca. That's why I asked you who she was." Seven said.

"She my ex. She called me today talking bout some kinda bullshit but I wasn't tryna hear it." Cree said. "Well maybe she wasn't talking about bullshit. Read the letter Cree." Seven said. "Ion want to. Can you just read it and tell me what it say." He said. "Okay Cree give it here." Seven said putting her hand out. He gave her the letter and she started reading it out loud. "Dear Cree. I know it's been a while and i'm sorry I didn't tell you something like this face to face. But truth is, I was scared. Because I knew you were gonna be so mad at me for keeping this from you. The beautiful little girl you're looking at is our daughter, Bailey." Seven read. Cree sat there speechless. "I knew I was pregnant for two months before we broke up. But I was scared that she wasn't yours. And then after the fight I had with Chloe. I thought it was no way that the baby had survived. That's when I moved away and started over." Seven said.

"Once I realized I was still pregnant I thought about coming back. But I didn't want to come and tell you I was having your baby and then give birth just for you to not be her dad. So I kept it a secret. For a long time. When I had her I got a dna test done with the man I cheated on you with. He wasn't her father. And once I learned that, I moved back to Atlanta and got a apartment. I was waiting for the right moment to come and talk to you and tell you about our daughter but every chance I got I backed out. Then I told myself that I just wouldn't tell you at all. That I was gonna raise Bailey by myself and everything will be just fine. But then every day just started getting harder and harder.. I love my baby so much. More than anything. But I can't do it anymore." Seven said.

"Huh? The fuck she mean she can't do it anymore? Is she dead the fuck serious?" Cree asked standing up. "Baby calm down, there's more." Seven said. "Being a mother is just too hard for me and I tried my best but I don't wanna fail her. I know you'll be a good father to her Cree. I know the two of you will get along just fine and she'll be happier there with you. Her birth certificate and all the other important stuff she needs can be found in the envelope. I know you can buy her some new clothes and everything else she'll need. Take care our love baby Cree, Bianca." She said. "Thats it?" Cree asked. Seven nodded her head yes. "So she left my fucking baby on the porch for anybody to just come and kidnap?" Cree asked getting mad. "Baby I think that's kind of besides the point. You have another child.." Seven said.

There was a moment of silence. Cree went through the envelope and pulled out the birth certificate. "Bailey Denise Mckenzie. She got my last name." He said looking up at the baby. Seven smiled. "She's eight months old man. I can't fucking believe she kept my daughter from me for that long. And then she just drops her here without giving me no typa warning. I don't even know how to feel right now." Cree said. "It's okay. Do you wanna hold her?" Seven asked. "Yeah. Yeah lemme see her." He said putting his arms out. "She looks just like you. She's beautiful." Seven said touching her little hand. "I gotta call my moms and tell her this shit. Man then I gotta tell Cj. He not gone know how to act." Cree said as he smiled at Bailey. "I think he's gonna be excited to have a little sister." Seven said.