chapter two

"Seven wake up. Tyarra here." Loren said shaking her awake. Seven got out of bed and went to the bathroom. When she finished she went into the living room where she found Tyarra sitting on the couch. She decided to play it safe and sit at the couch across the room from her.

They sat and stared at each other. "So you just ain't gone say nun huh?" Tyarra asked. Seven didn't respond. "Hello?" Tyarra said. "Well what the fuck you want me to say Tyarra?" Seven snapped. "Alright first of all calm down cause you putting stress on the baby." Tyarra yelled. Seven mugged her. "And you need to be saying something. You need to be saying something real fucking quick. Cause you pregnant." She yelled.

"Say something Seven. Your whole life has just changed. Forever. Cause this gone stick Seven." Tyarra said. "Don't you think I know that?" Seven said. "You sure not acting like it. I don't think you realize how serious this is. I don't." Tyarra said. Seven just stared. "You think you so grown now. You really about to see what grown is. Now get up and come on." Tyarra said. "Come on? What you mean come on. Come on where?" Seven said.

"We going to Devon's house to talk about this with his mother." Tyarra said. Seven froze. "Ty noo please." She said as she started to cry. "No ion wanna see them tears now. Come on put some clothes on." Tyarra said. "Please I can't." Seven said. "You heard me Seven." Tyarra said. Seven ran back to her room and slammed her door.

-

"Is everything okay? What y'all doing here?" Devon's Mom Rebecca asked as she let Seven and Tyarra in. "Everything's gonna be fine. Is Devon around?" Tyarra asked. "Yeah he here. In there on that game want me to get him?" The lady asked. "Yeah I think that would be best." Tyarra said.

Ms. Rebecca and Devon came back into the room a few moments later. Devon's eyes widened at the sight of Tyarra. He already knew what was finna happened. "He Hey-." He stuttered. "Hey Devon." Tyarra said. Seven stayed quiet. "Well I just think this isn't the time for silence. One of y'all need to say something. Seven? Devon?" Tyarra asked.

They both stayed quiet. "Okay. Ms. Rebecca was it?" Tyarra asked. "Ms. Rebecca i'm so sorry me and Devon messed up i'm pregnant." Seven cried getting it out before Tyarra could. Devon sat there not knowing how his mother was about to react. She finally spoke and broke the silence.

"Well i'm just disappointed in the two of you. I really am. Y'all know better than that. Me and Tyarra both trusted the two of you to be safe." She said. "I'm sorry." Seven said. "No shh. It's okay." Ms. Rebecca said before leaving the room. "Devon-." "Seven just don't talk to me right now." He whisper yelled. "Don't talk to her like that." Tyarra said stepping in.

"Alright so how much do you need?" Ms. Rebecca said as she came back in the room with her purse. "What are you talking about?" Tyarra asked. "For the procedure." Ms. Rebecca said. "You just basically tryna say abortion in a friendly way. We're not doing that." Tyarra said. "What?" Devon asked.

"Well they are just kids. They aren't ready for this we shouldn't even put them through it." Ms. Rebecca said. "Um they sure wasn't no kids when they was having sex with no condoms." Tyarra said. "That's just what kids do." Ms. Rebecca said. "No that's what people who think they are grown do. And since they thought they were grown then, they gone be grown now." Tyarra replied.

"Seven is that what you want?" Ms. Rebecca asked. "I-." "It's not about what she wants. She doesn't get a choice. She's having this baby." Tyarra said. "Well Devon what do you think?" Ms. Rebecca asked. Seven looked at him with sad eyes. "I think it was a mistake. And we need to get rid of it." He said. His words hit Seven like sharp knives.

"Well with all do respect it's not up to him. Look I just thought it would be the right thing to come to you as an adult and tell you what these kids did. Not to ask you for money for an abortion. No. She's having the baby. Whether the two of you like it or not. Now you two can chose to be in the babies life if you want to. But if you don't that's fine too. Come on Seven let's go." Tyarra said.