Chapter forty

"Good morning Creation. I figured you would be sitting out here in the sun." June said as he sat down in a chair next to him in his backyard. "Good morning. What you doin here shouldn't you be at work?" Cree asked. "I'm on my way there now I just wanted to come and fuck with you. You left without saying shit the other night and I wanted to make sure you was alright." June said. "I appreciate that Nigga but I'm good. I had a moment and it's over with." Cree said. "You sure it's over with tho? It seem like you just avoiding it to me." June said eyeing him.

"The fuck is up with all these questions?" Cree asked getting irritated. "I just know how you get Creation. When you turn silent and start acting like you don't care that mean you plotting something and I just don't want you doing nothing stupid." June said. "Stupid like what? I'm not gone touch that nigga Lamont. As much as I wanna end his life I know that shit would be wrong. It's nothing I can do but be mad about the shit so can you please just leave it the fuck alone. Damn." Cree said getting out his chair and walking to his back door. June followed after him.

"Don't be like this nigga. I'm just tryna help you out I know this a tough time for you." June said. "And ima get through this shit alone. Ion need you or moms or no fucking body feeling sorry for me. Ima be good. I'll get over this shit. Only thing I wanna do right now is make it up to my kids. Everything else just irrelevant. Especially when it's nothing I can do to change it." Cree said as Cj walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes. "What's up lil man you just waking up?" June asked as he gave him a hug. "Yeah. I was so tired last night. Yesterday we went everywhere." Cj said as he yawned.

"Good morning daddy." He said walking over to Creation and giving him a big hug, making him smile. "Good morning son. Your brother and sister still asleep?" Cree asked. Cj nodded his head. "Ima make us a big breakfast I hope you hungry." Cree said as he started taking ingredients out his food pantry. When he first got out of jail he cooked the biggest feast in the world just for himself. Cooking was one of the things he really missed when he was locked up so he definitely had been doing a lot of it since he got home. "Ima be a lil late to work then. Ian missing one of your meals." June said taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"Daddy when is mommy coming over?" Cj asked. "She not. Remember I told you that you're gonna stay with me for this week and she'll come to get you and your siblings on Friday." Cree reminded him. "But I miss her I wanna see her today. I want her to come over with us. Why won't you let mommy come over?" Cj said pouting. "She can't come Cj. She's busy she has class today but maybe we can FaceTime her tonight." Cree said. "Okay daddy." Cj softly said before staring off quietly. "Hey Cj wanna see pictures from the wedding? I got some good ones." June said pulling out his phone. Cj nodded and shifted his attention towards him.

"Aye when the last time you spoke to Ace or Angel? Them pussies never wrote me or called." Cree said as he started making his pancake batter. "Well shid I ain't heard from them since before you even got jammed. Ain't nobody heard from em and if ima be real with you it's been rumors flying that they got killed ten months ago." June said. Cree froze. "Who the fuck been going around saying that and why is this my first time hearing of it?" He asked stopping what he was doing. "Cause like I said nigga it's just rumors. Ace and Angel den disappeared for years at a time without a word before so I ain't think shit of it." June said shrugging.

"Nigga you telling me you heard they got killed and you ain't tried to get in touch with em and make sure they still breathing? You can't be serious right now June." Cree said fighting the urge to get mad. "I tried I even holla'd at they homeboy Rico and he said he hadn't heard from them in two years, and the last time they talked they needed a big favor from him. He wouldn't say what tho and he was real tight lipped about what else they discussed. I just figured they found a bigger bag than a strip club inna A and would come back when they needed something or wanted the club back." June said. "Nigga they would never walk away from a bag especially not the club. That shit make millions a month no matter what other incomes they got they wouldn't pass on that." Cree said.