Happy, Sad, And Everything In Between

Kayson's POV

Today was May 18th. So many things were rushing through my mind. I was scared and excited for today and tomorrow night. I also felt sick to my stomach knowing I had to tell Liam... I was single. I didn't like to recap what had happened. April 26th, when I went to my "sick" boyfriend, Luke's, house to comfort him on his birthday. The memories came flooding back.

April 26th (21 days earlier)

I figured Luke was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him up so I grabbed the spare key to Luke's house he had shown me in the past. I slowly unlocked the door, wanting to be quiet for Luke's sake. It was nearly silent inside... All I could here was the fish tank from the livingroom. From there I headed down the hallway to a door that read "Luke's room: knock". I opened the door slowly, and peeked inside. Then I stopped in my tracks, WTF? I let out a blood-curtling scream.

 "Kayson?" Luke pushed Paige off of him and got off his bed. Tears flowed down my face. He shot Paige a look, " I think you should go home."

 "No!" I snapped. Luke looked at me uneasy."What did I do Paige? Please enlighten me, tell me WTF I did to desearve this? Why do you hate me so damn much?" Paige and I had been bestfriends in elementry school. Then one day everything changed. She started stealing my boyfriends. The first was Micheal Conwell, we were 11. I got up the courage to hold his hand, she knew how much I liked him. The next day she kissed him... Yes a 5th grader kissing. Ugh, gross. 

"You really don't know?' She glared at me not feeling a bit guilty.

"No clue... JUST TELL ME!?" I screamed.

"Nathan Jones, 4th grade... He was my guy-bestfriend, but one day I called him my boyfriend and he gave me a disgusted look. He said he was your boyfriend. That YOU were pretty, unlike me."

"I'm sorry Paige but really, that gave you know right to steal every guy I've dated? And that wasn't my choice, I didn't even like Nathan!" I sobbed.

" I really don't know... I just... I hate how pretty you are... and how nice, and you don't have to do ANYTHING with a guy and he STILL likes you. IT'S NOT FAIR!" She explained.

"That didn't mean you had to ruin every relationship I've had." The tears were gone I was angry now. 

"I'm sorry." She mouthed. I shook my head.

"LUKE!" I turned to him. "How could you do this to me?"

" I didn't mean it... I love you... please?" He looked desperate.

"Please what? Forgive you for nearly sleeping with my enemy? For lying? For cheating? For using me when I could have been with a great guy that actually cared for me? Eff you Luke... Oh wait you have Paige for that... Both of you stay out of my life." Then I ran out.

(End of FlashBack)

Tears came down my face agian. This was really hard for me. Now I had to explain to the sweetest guy ever that I was single again and hope he might give me a chance, even though I turned him down a few months earlier for a relationship I knew somewhere inside me wouldn't last. Who was I kidding? I hadn't talked to Liam in weeks, he probably had some beautiful girl who was able to accept his love the first time he gave it. Tears swelled in my eyes once more. 

A knock on the door. Chloe answered it.  Megan and Maddie were also downstairs waiting, Bella would be over soon, she was finishing up practice for the musical. We had agreed to meet at my house to catch up and talk about Prom. All the girls were looking pretty, except for me since i had to fix my makeup. I heard screams. They were here.

I ran down the stairs nearly falling flat on my face. I forgot I had heels on, trying to get used to them before tomorrow. Then I saw him. Black tux, black tie, curly hair, and tan. They hadn't had the time to change. He smiled.

 "Kayson love!" I ran to him. He picked me up and spun me around.  I felt royal, The last time I felt  this way was when Liam sang 'Moments' to me, the last day I saw him. I started to cry. "Darling, what's wrong?" Liam looked worried so he took my hand and pulled me into my bedroom away from everyone.

"I missed you so much." I cried.

"I've missed you too!" He wrapped his arms around me.

"Liam, I have something to tell you." Then I started to explain everything.