Chapter 3 || Fallen Heroes

MISSY MORENO

"You know this is an EPIC hero smackdown event when they call in... SHARKBOY!"

"Sharkboy appeared from the ocean depths on the island of..."

I didn't hear the rest because the whole class began to cheer. 

"And moments later, Lavagirl blasted out of an ACTIVE volcano!"

It showed Lavagirl riding on lava and Guppy cheered.

"GO SHARKBOY AND LAVAGIRL!" she cheered on her parents.

"And here's the mayor at his new City Hall reopening!"

Suddenly, the ribbon was already cut.

"Did you see that? Of course, you didn't! It's none other than Blinding Fast!"

"Fastest superhero alive!"

"GO... DAD!" Slo-mo chanted.

"And then you've got Crushing Low! And... the City Hall is destroyed in record time. Taxes... are high."

"But it's so entertaining!" the other news reporter countered.

I glanced back to see Wildcard ask for popcorn. Slo-mo handed it to him slowly and I couldn't help but notice Wildcard's arrogant behavior as he waited. He was cute, but... I probably couldn't deal with it if he was... you know... my leader.

"All heroes have been called into action against this new alien threat!"

"Live footage!"

"And here we have Miracle Guy!"

"You didn't think he'd lose did you?" a news reporter scoffed.

We saw Ms. Vox, who was... of course, singing. Then, I saw... Dad? I stood up and stared in shock at the TV. I got angry, scared, and... betrayed.

"He's not supposed to be there," I glowered at the TV, confusing all the other kids.

And the aliens were released. Suddenly, an alien knocked Miracle Guy straight through a building.

"OH MY GOSH!" the news reporter almost dropped her coffee.

"No one's ever taken down Miracle Guy before!" Noodles gasped.

Both alien tentacles grabbed Miracle Guy and he was taken away. Invisi-girl was on screen and she turned invisible. But I guess the aliens captured her, too. And then, it showed Sharkboy. Suddenly, an alien rammed into him and he was against the reporters' helicopter.

"You okay, Sharboy--"

An alien snatched him and pulled him away. Guppy gasped, covering her mouth.

"I'm getting terrible news! Two of our heroes are captured! It's... impossible!"

"But the Heroics are unbeatable..." Guppy frowned.

"They are. You'll see. They'll win," Wheels assured her.

 "Looks like they're fighting among themselves again."

We all turned to see Red Lightning Fury and Crimson Legend: Rewind and Fast Forward's parents.

"Ladies first," their father said.

"I don't need your pity!" their mother exclaimed.

"Oh yeah?"

"OH YE--OH NO! NO! NO!" they were grabbed and pulled away.

"MOM!" Rewind yelled.

"DAD!" Fast Forward exclaimed.