Chapter 14 || Reunited

MISSY MORENO

And out of that pyramid and golden light... stepped our parents. I saw Miss Granada coming out and the president.

"Wait... I don't understand," I said, puzzled, "What's the takeover?"

"The takeover of power! From your parents!"

"The next generation is always better than the next. It's stronger. More powerful. So we swapped out your government and Heroics' head of office, and set up your training mission."

"So this was all... fake?"

"It certainly trained you. Your guess was close, Wheels. But not accurate. The ship isn't designed for children..."

"It's designed by children!" Wheels nodded.

"Yep. On our planet, the children are in charge," Ojo said before every alien bowed to her.

"You're their leader?" I gasped.

"Yep. She knew down to the second when the takeover would begin."

"So as we all head off to face the challenges of this universe... and all the love counseling... can we count on you... to not just save your planet... but the entire galaxy?"

I smiled.

"You have our word. When you need us, we'll be there."

And the floor rose. We stepped onto solid ground. And ran to our parents. I raced up to my dad and watched as the rest of the team reunited. Noodles stretched his way to his mom. The twins made their way over. Miracle Guy bent down to see Wheels.

"How do you feel, son?"

"Strong... like... really strong."

"You're stronger than I'll ever be," Miracle Guy whispered before giving his son the biggest hug of his life, "Proud of you."

Blinding Fast finally got to Slo-mo and Slo-mo smiled.

"Put it right there, buddy," Blinding Fast said, holding out his hand.

Slo-mo took a deep breath before slapping it down. Hard.

"Whoa! You're so fast!"

Slo-mo gave his dad a hug.

"I love you."

And Blinding Fast's eyes turned soft and emotional.

"I love you too, buddy. Love you, too."

"You two make such great team! You two make such a great team! You two make such a great team! You two make such a great team! You two make such a great team! You two make such a great team! You two make such a great team!" they said over and over again as they looked at their two twins.

And now, I saw my dad. Ojo stuck out her tentacles and she nuzzled with Miss Granada, who was apparently her mom. And I hugged my dad.

"Looks like Missy's made a few friends," he smiled, "I should get captured more often."

"Oh no you're not," I shook my head, "Because if you ever go on another mission, I wanna be there. Right by your side."

"A deal's a deal."

"Aw..." all the aliens sighed.

And that was the day our heroes fell. But others did rise. Us. The next generation of superheroes.

___

I was now packing up my things from my locker, ready to move out of this crappy school.

"So you're finally leaving this place?" Bethany smirked at me.

"That means I won't have to see your face anymore," I said back to her, "I'm going to a different place."

"Where?"

"Headquarters."

"Why'd you be going to headquarters? You have no powers!"

"Well I'm gonna be at a new school with new people so I don't have to deal with you. Bye!"

I grabbed my box and skipped away, heading into the car where everyone was waiting. And as I sat next to Wildcard, smiling at him, I felt like I truly had friends for the first time. And that's what friends were for. For them to give lyou to give back.