Chapter 9 || Tearfully Out

MISSY MORENO

You know when someone pretends to be nice to you? Well... that's what I felt with Wildcard. He was fake. So I simply sat there, thinking about my dad. How I'd never see him again. How the last memory I'd have of him was him breaking his promise to me. And me never getting to say goodbye. I looked out at everyone else and Guppy sighed.

"I wanna go home."

"We all wanna go home!" A-Capella said.

"The key here is figuring out how to get out of here so there's a home to go back to."

That line made my tears spike.

"What did you just say?" I said, looking back up to him.

"He said we all wanna go home," A-Capella sighed, summing it up.

"No the second part."

"Figure out how to get out of here so there's a home to go back to?"

Second wave of held back tears.

"Guys... I think it's time we admit... we're never getting out of here. And we're certainly never seeing our parents again." I winked at Wheels so he'd get the hint, but he was too confused to see it.

"Wow. Great attitude," Wildcard bit back sarcastically.

Wheels suddenly got it and continued.

"She's right. Pretty soon... we'll forget what they smelled like. What they looked like. What they used to do to us that was special when we were kids."

"Jeez! You're really bumming me out!" Wildcard scoffed and I rolled my eyes, winking at him again.

Wildcard gave me a look and I gave him another one that said 'just follow along, dude'.

"But I guess..." he sighed, "This really is the end."

"But I'm not ready for the end!" Noodles began to bawl.

"I was just thinking... maybe my sister wouldn't hate me," Rewind sighed.

"I don't. I love you," Fast Forward said back.

I smirked when I saw enough tears falling.

"And it's that love... that'll get us out of here," I said, wiping my tears.

"Why are you saying all this stuff? It's almost like you want everyone to cry--oh!" Guppy suddenly realized, "Quick, Guppy! Gather all the tears!"

"She's not gonna drink those tears, is she?" Wildcard gagged.

Guppy began to form the key.

"No!" she said, "That's gross!"

She made the key and handed it to me. I rested my hand on her head.

"Little Miss Guppy. You just saved us."

I inserted the key in the lock and the doors opened. I grinned and skipped out.

"WOOHOO!" we all cheered.

Back with the Heroics...

Miracle Guy banged his head against the wall, bored out of his mind.

"How long has it been this bad?" Anita Moreno looked around, fidgeting slightly, "You should've come to me!"

"No!" Marcus Moreno eyed her, "Remember what your generation was like? It was a huge chaotic bundle!"

"And now it's up to the kids... The next generation's always... stronger and... better."

"More evolved?" Marcus tried.

"I got it!" Tech-no exclaimed.

"Figured out a way out of here?" Miracle Guy said hopefully.

"Oh... no. I just figured out how to switch on the security cameras! Now we can watch something!"

All the screens changed and suddenly, they all stared at the children coming out of the room.

"Fast Forward?"

"Rewind?"

"A-Capella?"

"Are those our children?" Lavagirl stared.

"NO THEY'RE YOUR POTATO NUGGETS YES THEY'RE YOUR KIDS!" Anita Moreno slapped her thigh.

(A/N: I've seen this a lot lately, and I just wanna be clear that any line or even any part of this story if you copy it, it is plagiarism. Even if you try and substitute synonyms. Plagiarism is serious and is prohibited. I am not afraid to go report your account immediately. It's that serious. Thank you.)

Back with the kids...

"We've got... eighteen minutes!" I exclaimed, "We've gotta hurry if we wanna stop the takeover."

"Us?" Wildcard caught up to me, "You're crazy!"

"We need to--"

"NO!" Wildcard threw his hands down, "I'M SICK OF LISTENING TO YOU! IT'S LIKE A BEE'S DRILLING INTO MY BRAIN. YOU KNOW WE NEVER WOULD'VE SEEN THIS SHIP WITHOUT YOU! IT'S BETTER IF YOU HADN'T COME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU GUYS CAN FOLLOW MISS USELESS INTO ALIENVILLE TO SEE YOURSELVES KILLED AND STUFF, BUT FACEMAKER AND I ARE GOING TO FIND OUR PARENTS!"

"We are?" Facemaker hissed at Wildcard.

Wheels gave Wildcard a look and I was confused. Since when was that part of the plan planned out? Wildcard left and I tried calling out. Really. And nope. No sign.

"Well... what can you do? Some people are just..." I trailed off, not wanting to say 'suckish'.