Chapter 8 || Secret Aliens

WILDCARD

"There's the president!" I hissed.

"What's the president doing here?" Missy whispered.

"I don't know, but--"

"So they're really in here?" the president said.

"Sh, sh, sh!"

"Yes."

"And how long until the takeover begins?"

He looked at the timer.

"Don't worry about it. The supreme commander knows exactly how it's gonna unfold."

"She always knows."

It clicked. The president was a spy.

"So... what is that thing?"

"You heard him! It's a rocket! Stuffed to the gills with aliens! In less than an hour they're gonna send it down to Earth and begin the takeover!"

Suddenly, the doors slid open and there stood Miss Granada.

"Do you know what you children have done?" she glared, "Sneaking out of headquarters? Stealing a tram?" We all waited for her to snap. "Well done!"

"What?"

"Looks like we underestimated your abilities! And now you've led us to the heart of this alien spaceship? So proud... so proud..."

"Missy! Wildcard!" Wheels hissed, "Her vital signs are all over the place!"

Ojo showed us her iPad. It was of Miss Granada's purple silhouette and her alien tentacles. Missy's eyes widened and I subconsciously stepped closer to her.

"Save your breath, Granada. They know," the president was here.

Suddenly, they all sprouted purple tentacles.

"Well then. Take them."

And we were wrapped in the sticky and disgusting purple tentacles.

___

"Watch it!"

We were all thrown into a room. Slo-mo was dropped and he made the dramatic pantomime.

"Quit the pantomime. You didn't even scrape a knee," I rolled my eyes.

Slo-mo shrugged before getting up again.

"Oh, look! You kids are just like your parents. The same with fighting... the same vigor... putting your own egos ahead of her team..."

Guppy reached for her water.

"Take away her water!"

Guppy gasped as they took her water.

"They're too powerful together," she pointed at Rewind and Fast Forward.

They were separated. Ojo tightened her grip on her iPad. And for a second, I almost reached to tighten my grip on Missy, scared they'd say 'oh Missy's their leader she has to be put in another room'.

"Don't worry," Miss Granada leaned down until she was face to face with Ojo, "I won't take away your little toy. I already know what your future is... imprisonment. Life long."

And she left, locking us in here like a savage sociopath.

"Now what?"

Missy looked confident.

"I..." her confidence fell, "don't know."

Back with the Heroics...

"What do you mean you don't know?" Miracle Guy asked Marcus Moreno, who was miserably staring at the floor.