Chapter 2

[Ysabelle's POV]

"Today, we will play a game between girls and boys. This is related to the coverage of your exams." Ma'am Hannah said.

Did I hear that right? Leonard is my opponent? I almost laughed out loud.

How stupid is my teacher? Does she know that I knew this subject like the back of my hand?

I stood up. "Excuse me, ma'am. Can we just cancel this game? It is already clear that the girls will win since they have a science expert in their team." I said and grinned smugly at my classmates. My opinion made the girls cheer while the boys threw insults at us.

Ma'am looked at me, not looking impressed. "Ms. Santos, the point of our game review is not winning. It's about learning our lesson more in a fun way. Do you have any objections to that?" She said.

"None. I hereby challenge Leonard Perez to try and defeat me in this game." I said confidently.

He looked at me and said, "Challenge accepted, Ms. Santos."

The room erupted into applause and a few cat-calls.

"Get ready to lose, Perez." I said mischieviously.

He scoffed and said, "Better prepare a box full of tissues, Santos, because I'm going to win."

"Since we are all settled, let's begin.

You may choose two representatives from each group. The team with the highest number of correct answers will win. If any of your groupmates is caught cheating, your team will be automatically disqualified." Ma'am said.

We nodded in agreement.

"Great. The game starts now."

~~~~~~

What. The. Hell.

Girls: 5
Boys: 7

"The boys won!" Ma'am announced.

The boys surged forward to lift Leonard on their shoulders. I only had a second to side step or else get crushed by a group of ecstatic boys.

I walked the empty seat next to Jhanness and sat down.

She patted me on my back. "It's okay. Tomorrow is another day to defeat Leonard. Except, of course, if you died in your sleep or commited suicide out of deppresion." She said casually.

I looked seriously at her. "Dude, you're not helping." I said in an irritated tone.

"Oh. Anyway, not that this information will help, I overheard Pia and her cronies talking about you." She said.

Pia, as in Sophia Benitez, is the only daughter of our 'dear' principal. Her dad's position in our school is the reason why she doesn't go to the guidance counselor's office when she bullies somebody.

"Did they talk to me in a good way or a bad way?" I said hopefully. This might earn me a field trip to the principal's office.

Jhanness rolled her eyes. "That's a no-brainer, Ysabelle. Even idiots like Andrew know what the answer is."

"I heard that!" Andrew yelled somewhere near the doorway as Julius and Chris chuckled.

Great. I'll suffer another week getting bullied by them. Don't get me wrong. Even famous people get bullied by try-hard cheerleaders.

God help me. I said to myself

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, you!" Somebody said behind me.

I turned around.

Here she is. The creature of the underworld that I've been avoiding all day. Sophia Benitez.

"Hey, I don't want you embarrasing my pretty face out there. You against Leo? Huh. My ass. You have no chance winning against him. So you better lessen your pride and go back to the dumpsite where you came from, bitch." She said.

"Pretty face? You look like a pig who just ate its own poop." I shot back

Oooops.

"You, slut!" She said as she raised her hand to slap me.

Somebody grabbed her hand, stopping her.

"Don't you dare touch her face."