Fᴏᴜʀ.

I'm scared, Jamila, I haven't been on a date for years", Amani shared her concerns with her friends. Ariyah was at her father's house for the weekend, giving Amani the perfect opportunity to see Silas.

He was taking her to an art museum and a new restaurant that she had been wanting to try out for a while. She was excited and obviously found him very attractive, however since Ariyah's birth her dating life had been untouched territory.

"Girl you look so good!", Kaia hyped her. "Don't be scared, this is exciting, do a spin for us... Damn giving us body", Kaia continued whilst Jamila and Amani began to laugh. It was the boost of confidence she needed.

Amani wore a long cream coloured dress with buttons down the front of it. It showed every curve in her body and fitted her nicely. She wore her wavy hair in a side parting with her edges done beautifully.

 She wore her wavy hair in a side parting with her edges done beautifully

"Thank you girls, I love you." Amani pouted at her friends. "I'm gonna call Riri before I go, bye loves!"

Around half an hour later she received the text from Silas.

Silas💫: I'm outside ma.
: I'm coming now.

Silas was standing outside of his black range rover as Amani walked out through her front door.

"You look beautiful Amani." Silas complimented making Amani smile and blush but also waking up a swarm of butterflies. He had only ever seen Amani in work attire and minimal makeup so he was stunned by her appearance today.

He opened the car door for Amani and began to drive to the museum, not being able to keep his eyes off Amani's appearance.

"So tell me more about yourself", Silas began speaking. The pair had been texting and on facetime, since he first asked her on a date over a week ago.

"Well there isn't much to me," Amani began. "I have one sister called Layla and her son Elias. My mom is Haitian and my daddy is Kenyan. I already told you my daddy passed when I was 2. And you know my daughter Ariyah", she continued to ramble.

"Sorry for your loss, and I didn't tell you I'm Kenyan too but born and bred in New Orleans before I moved to Houston," Silas said.

"I've never been to Kenya but I would love to go one day, Haiti is my second home", Amani replied.

"One day I'll take you ma", Silas smiled back at her, making her blush and become shy.

"I would like that," Amani smiled.

They walked holding hands into the museum laughing together, it had been the happiest time she had, had with someone other than her daughter and she never wanted it to end.

It was now around 7:30, and the sun was about to set and they were now going to a sushi bar, called Uchi, Amani had been wanting to try since it first opened so she was very excited.