Tᴇɴ.

"He is so sweet, hi bubba", Amani cooed at a one month old Saxon.

The past few weeks Amani had been going through self-healing. She found the courage to take Ariyah back to school and move back into their home.  As hard as it was she knew she had to stay strong.

Tomorrow was Kareem's birthday, Terah didn't feel comfortable enough to travel with Saxon, so it would only be Amani and Kareem going to Hawaii for 5 days.

"Thank you so much for keeping Riri", Amani hugged Terah.

"We all love having her here, Ava is so excited", Terah smiled. "Have fun Amani, but not too much fun", Amani shook her head at her and laughed along.

The feelings for Kareem were very strong. It felt like her teenage crush again, the late night calls and the butterflies that swarmed when he used to wave at her in class. It was happening all over again.

"Me and daddy will come and pick you up on Friday okay my love, be good for TT, I love you Riri", Amani carried up to her daughter and she began to cry. "Don't cry baby we will be back soon and you are going to have so much fun, I promise we will call you every day", Amani continued as she rubbed her back in circles.

"Bye mommy, I love you too", Ariyah spoke, rubbing her eyes and kissing her mom's cheek.

The next day Amani was at her mother's house celebrating her birthday. She had the same birthday as Kareem, 27th November. She would be celebrating with family and travelling to Hawaii in the evening to spend time with Kareem.

"Happy Birthday Mama", Amani hugged her and Rehana started tearing up. Every birthday without her husband was hard, she loved her family and they were great support but she wished that she could spend more time with him and make more memories.

"Don't cry Ma, I love you", Amani spoke gently as she handed her mom a small box and as she opened the box the tears began to flow harder.

It was a pendant with a picture of a newborn Amani in her father's arms whilst her one year old sister, Layla, sat mesmerized staring at the tiny human in front of her. Rehana's heart was full that day, everything she had ever loved was in that room with her. She couldn't have asked for a more perfect family and even the little time they spent together, he was her soulmate.

The party continued, and as much as Amani wanted to stay she knew she had a flight. She waved and hugged her family goodbye before she drove to Kareem's house.

"Mani, the uber here hurry up", Kareem yelled.

"Chile, I'm coming chill I was posting something", Amani ran down the stairs as she pulled her luggage and LV bag on her shoulder.

"You are so extra, it's only five days mama", Kareem laughed at her. He knew she had over seven swimsuits and he would be forced to take pictures of her in every single one.