Sɪx.

It was the day before their one week trip to Jamaica and Amani had been shopping for days. She was now out with Kaia before her flight tomorrow night.

"I'm sad Jamila is working late today", Amani pouted whilst she took a sip of her drink.

They had gone to a restaurant so that they could spend more time together. Amani was spending another night at Kareem's house so that they could travel together to the airport and she was enjoying the time there.

"Have you told Kareem about Silas?", Kaia asked Amani as she shook her head quickly.

"I'm not telling him yet until I feel the need too and I feel we are becoming closer I'm definitely not introducing him to Ariyah either I need to make sure he is here to stay before he meets my family", Amani explained as Kaia nodded in agreement.

"I get that, how do you think Kareem will react?", Kaia continued before Amani shrugged.

"Me and Kareem are just friends he should understand but enough about my love life it's not the biggest priority", Amani replied.

The rest of the evening both girls enjoyed each other's company and continued talking and laughing until it was time for both of them to go.

"I'll miss you, Amani," Kaia hugged and kissed her friend's cheek. "Bring me back some mangoes and coconut", she laughed.

"Of course bestie, I'll miss you too. It's only a week but I'll facetime you to pick all my outfits", Amani and Kaia giggled as they parted ways.

Amani drove back to Kareem's house and stopped at a Mcdonald's drive-thru to buy 20 chicken nuggets for them to share.

"Riri, why aren't you asleep baby?", Amani asked as she walked through the door. "Kareem it's 10 pm she should be in bed".

"Sorry mommy, I was too excited to sleep", Ariyah smiled innocently making Amani giggle.

"That's okay baby you can take an extra nap tomorrow", Amani replied as Ariyah ran upstairs to brush her teeth.

"So I don't get a hug anymore, Mani", Kareem teased as Amani walked up to his open arms, Amani rolled her eyes walking over to his open arms scanning his shirtless tattooed chest before she hugged him

"I know you have missed this", Kareem smirked cockily. Amani couldn't deny it felt good. It felt like home.

"You've missed this haven't you", Kareem smirked cockily. Amani couldn't lie, she enjoyed it. It felt like home.

"Needed that, thank you, Kareem, she smiled up at him." Kareem was 6'2 and Amani was 5'4 or 5'5, which made the hug more inviting. He smiled back at her and Amani made her way upstairs into his guest room and played with Ariya before Kareem came in to pray.

Their flight was departing at 6:45 pm and as black people do Amani and Kareem were at the airport at 3:00. Ariyah was asleep, in Kareem's arms.

Their flight had been called and Amani was so excited for this 3-hour flight, they took their seats and Amani prayed for safe travel before they took off.

-------------------------------------------------

"So what do you mean our apartment isn't ready", Kareem spoke to the lady at the front desk.

They had just landed in Montego Bay, and Kareem had rented out an apartment to stay in for the whole week, however, the place they were staying was going under mechanical repairs.

"I apologize, Mr and Mrs Davis, however, we do have a spare room, and we will give you a full refund for tonight's stay. Sorry for the inconvenience", the woman looked at and smiled as Amani playfully hit Kareem's arm.